I meant to make soap last night...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guspuppy

Reaction score
But instead, as i was walking my dog through a small woods between a couple local neighborhoods, I stepped on a rake lying in the trail that I didn't see. So instead I went to the ER, because i had been told by an eye doctor a few years ago to ALWAYS go to the ER with eye injury like this to make sure I did not detach my retina. However the eye doctor on call last night did not come in since i wasnt having any terrible symptoms like starbursts of floaters. I did see flashes of light on the way home in the dark, which is scary. But i will have a followup in a day or two at the eye clinic. Meanwhile, i did need 3 stitches so its a good thing i went in!

29E6CB51-EF08-432B-B253-B0852E02DDAC.jpeg

Why someone would be so careless as to leave a rake laying where people are likely to be walking... Sorry about the stitches, but I'm glad everything seems to be okay with your eye.

There was a treehouse some kids had been building near where the rake was lying. I'm sure it was kids who left it in the trail. In fact I had been looking at the treehouse and not the ground which is why I didn't see the rake!

The sympathy is very much appreciated! Its a little sore this afternoon, no doubt due to the swelling.

This looks terrible! Please do make sure you have a follow up with your eye doctor. Eye injuries are no joke. Obviously, you're aware.

If it makes you feel any better, a few years ago I stepped on a rake that I knew was there, and it was in my own yard. I did not have as severe of injury as you, just a bonk on the head. I was angry and also amused that I must have looked like something from a cartoon.

Feel better, and pay attention to anything unusual. Write it all down so you don't forget the details for your doctor.

But instead, as i was walking my dog through a small woods between a couple local neighborhoods, I stepped on a rake lying in the trail that I didn't see. So instead I went to the ER, because i had been told by an eye doctor a few years ago to ALWAYS go to the ER with eye injury like this to make sure I did not detach my retina. However the eye doctor on call last night did not come in since i wasnt having any terrible symptoms like starbursts of floaters. I did see flashes of light on the way home in the dark, which is scary. But i will have a followup in a day or two at the eye clinic. Meanwhile, i did need 3 stitches so its a good thing i went in!

View attachment 55795

Oh, you are going to have a NICE shinner from that!

Eye update: Had my followup this morning. It's a little crazy looking when you get only one eye dilated! Good news: retina is still attached. Slightly worse news: vitreous is detached, which is not a horrible thing to have (the doctor told me it is really quite common and can just happen for no reason, or, like mine, from trauma) but it could possibly drag some of the retina off the eye wall with it as it continues to detach. Danger zone for retinal damage from vitreous detachment is 6-8 weeks. Will have another followup in June.

I too was expecting a really good shiner but took homeopathic meds for several days to help speed healing. Wow did they work!
29E090C2-933F-4061-9E2C-82B4B1FCE9AE.jpeg

Eye update: Had my followup this morning. It's a little crazy looking when you get only one eye dilated! Good news: retina is still attached. Slightly worse news: vitreous is detached, which is not a horrible thing to have (the doctor told me it is really quite common and can just happen for no reason, or, like mine, from trauma) but it could possibly drag some of the retina off the eye wall with it as it continues to detach. Danger zone for retinal damage from vitreous detachment is 6-8 weeks. Will have another followup in June.

I too was expecting a really good shiner but took homeopathic meds for several days to help speed healing. Wow did they work!View attachment 55842
Wow, I'm glad the homeopathic medicine is working and no detached retina!

Have you been experiencing any headaches due to your dilated pupil?

I wish you a speedy and easy recovery!

I too was expecting a really good shiner but took homeopathic meds for several days to help speed healing. Wow did they work!View attachment 55842

So happy it is as uncomplicated as it is! You could work at my Haunted Attraction with those eyes! We have to use FX contacts to achieve that standard or weird! LOL!

Wow, I'm glad the homeopathic medicine is working and no detached retina!

Have you been experiencing any headaches due to your dilated pupil?

I wish you a speedy and easy recovery!

Oh, the eye was dilated at the doctor so he could check the inside of my eyeball! It is not from the incident. Sorry for any confusion! It was back to normal by the end of work last night. :)

View attachment 55795
Ouchie you got yourself a big shiner! I hope your eye is ok. 🤗💫

Wow great recovery from your huge shiner' What you used really worked. Hope your vision is ok. 💫🤗

Back