Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
They do look great!

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, you have a library with a 3D Printer! I am super impressed!

Do you get to choose what material it uses in the printed item, and what is the material? It looks a bit like rubber or plastic.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Wow! Those are wonderful! I'll have to check and see if our library has a 3-D printer!

IrishLass :)

pametan

Reaction score
They are of a biodegradable plastic. Should last me about 4 years before the edges start to go. You get to choose the color.

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
They look terrific!

What did you think of the design software that you used (and which one was it)?

pametan

Reaction score
I used sketchup to do this. For words sketchup is easier than (I Think the other one I tried was called) 123Design. But to do images I need to use three different programs (unless I want to pay for a different version of one of those two programs) using 123Design is easier when doing images, once I have converted the 2D to a 3D image in the right file format

cherrycoke216

Reaction score
I'm having a library envy now!!! This is so neat! Very simple design that pops out!!! Would you mind sharing where you are located? Must be a wealthy country/city/school! ;)

BattleGnome

Reaction score
I'm having a library envy now!!! This is so neat! Very simple design that pops out!!! Would you mind sharing where you are located? Must be a wealthy country/city/school! ;)
There may be a fab lab near you. That link is specifically for the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago but they have locations world wide. When I was last in Chicago I was able to go to a 3D print workshop there and made a 2" figurine. The software we used in the workshop was free (but I don't know where I put the pamphlet with the name of it) and there are places online where you could send your file to be printed.

I now super wish I had that sheet, I want to make my own stamp!

The Efficacious Gentleman

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Also google (or other search engine) 3D printing in your area. Some places not only sell the printers but also let you print for a cost

pametan

Reaction score
I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We have the world's ****tiest subway system but our libraries have 3D printers lol! The sketchup and 123Design are free programs. But do do images for free you need another two programs that are free. Or you can pay for an upgrade.

SheLion

Reaction score
Awesome!

And I just discovered that a several branches of my county library system have 3D printers so I can make stamps too. :cool::cool:

susiefreckleface

Reaction score
wow - very impressive. thanks for sharing. I really like your design.
totally going to check our local library for a 3D printer.

Latest posts