i made my soap with ricing property. any way to save it ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Origo, you *have* to go back and click on some of the basic links that people have posted here. I don't think you understand how dangerous and upsetting some of the things you are saying are. Please read this who thread carefully, click on links that people have suggested, and come back after that. Really, you are just wrong (I very rarely say that, you have pushed me on this) and then let us know what you think.

I think once you do - if you are not trying to torture us - you will have a better sense of why people are having trouble understanding your questions.

I'm not going to comment on this thread anymore, as I do not like having my chain yanked, if that is what is happening.

Origo, once you have mixed the lye with the "too much" oils, you will not have chunks of soap in a container of excess oils. It just does not work that way. You are going to have a big mess. And the more you add to it, the bigger it is going to get.

I am more than happy to help you figure out how to make soap the first time, as are many others. However, this is not the way to accomplish it. Get rid of that mess(do NOT pour it down your plumbing), and the put away the oils and lye until you get a couple of days of basic soapmaking lessons under your belt. Then we can help you go from there. I think you have the interest and the desire to learn that is necessary, you just need some basics of how to proceed correctly.

Oops! I didn't realize that that was the image for ricing that is posted in the sticky on the beginning soapers forum. Now I feel bad.

At this point, if OP is truly unsure of what exactly went into the soap, I would toss it as well. :(

I don't think that you should feed badly. I am still wondering how someone would know enough about soaping to:
1. know what ricing is,
2. have been on soap queen's website to copy a picture,
3. after all of this, not know that one should measure ingredients and run through a lye calculator?

This is weird to say the least. Maybe the OP has read the warnings before but has disregarded them. Either way, I think that it is normal to wonder what is going on here.

As others have said, please throw out what you've done as there's no safe way of bringing it together now as you haven't kept accurate details of what you've added

What you have there is potentially very dangerous.

My basic recipe is:

75% lard
20% coconut oil
5% castor oil

You could try plugging this into soapcalc once you know how much oil you intend to use then pop back here with the result it gives and we can let you know if you're good to go

Thank you for your kind words (throw that away) and deep instructions (click the tutorials).

My heart didn't let me throw that stuff, I'll keep it as my first soap-ish mixture, put it in a nice place, and look at it from time to time to remind myself the long road that I've walked.

now I have another problem, I putted lye all over the kitchen, and it stained everything

OMG, I have been following this thread and really amazed to see our forum members doing what they always do, ever so lovingly. Try to give good advice and guide the OP in the right direction. I say the word 'try' as it seems so much good advice is falling on deaf ears. From the start I had a bad feeling about this, and is being confirmed over and over again. Can't put my finger on exactly what it is but looks like the OP just woke up one day and decided he is going to make great soap just like that, like a master chef of sorts who could whip up magic out of anything. I wonder why he even came on the forum if he does not need advice and would not directly respond to anything people are saying. May be it is time to let this thread go in to oblivion as nothing positive is ever going to come out of this. I will be happy to be proved wrong.

Thank you for your kind words (throw that away) and deep instructions (click the tutorials).

My heart didn't let me throw that stuff, I'll keep it as my first soap-ish mixture, put it in a nice place, and look at it from time to time to remind myself the long road that I've walked.

now I have another problem, I putted lye all over the kitchen, and it stained everything

We weren't telling you to throw it to be nasty - it just really isn't safe, we were trying to help so you didn't get injured

As for the instructions - plenty of people tried to give you instructions or provided links to great instructions - what was the point of writing it all out if the link provided all you needed??

By all means keep it but it will never be soap.

If you have lye all over i would suggest using vinegar to clean it up (though it's still questionable that you actually used lye as it didn't heat)

This gave me a big belly laugh. You've lost your mind. Or you're really just full of **** and you're making everyone else loose their minds. Hahaaaaa. This is one big joke. I hope you're having fun.

Incredible:?:

And if you actually did follow correct instructions. That. Are. Everywhere. On. The. Internet.

You'd actually be pretty proud of yourself for making real soap.

Oh ya..... And "a long road that I've walked"..... hahaaa. Only one half a$$ attempt is no long road. Try going a year, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

I really REALLY think you don't have lye. Lye doesn't stain. Lye might BLEACH (leave white spots). I think you need to call the manufacturer of whatever it is you think is lye and ask them a) how to dispose of your "soap" and b) clean up this stuff that's all over your kitchen.

I'm sorry, but this is the best thread on the entire forum. I have no advice to give other than use Comet on those stains, guy. How about the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to being helpful, huh? I can't seem to find any helpful information you've given when asked very specific questions. I applaud you for your utter and complete unwillingness to cooperate and then blame everyone else because you have no clue what you're doing. When you burn your face off, will that be the fault of the individuals on the forum that have been trying to help you even though your perception is so skewed you can't (or won't) admit it? Regardless, thank you for the entertainment value.

This guy is just yanking your chains. One minute is English is really good and the next he can hardly form a sentence but meanwhile his punctuation is perfect. It seems to me he is trying to sound foreign. Cynical.....maybe

Susie, I think people are reacting to the fact that, at least to me, it seems more and more clear that the OP is a troll and just enjoying riling us up. Just re-read his posts, and it *does* seem as if (a) he had enough basic knowledge to not just throw stuff in willy-nilly and not understand why it is upsetting and (b) his language/diction does seem to sort of go in and out, sometimes he uses colloquialisms which are standard, and then something that is not pops in, as if he is doing it on purpose.

Anyway, I do get why people are so irritated. This is a great board with people that work hard to help others, so when someone comes on for the express purpose of generating tsuris - why do people do that, it makes no sense to me? - it makes you feel stupid and frustrated for falling for the game. I do agree with you about the name-calling, though, I save that for when I am driving in LA and no one else can hear me. ("Really, Porsche guy, you have to cut me off at the ramp after having a mile to merge, you &*^*^!")

Last edited:
Maybe, but I still think it's fair to call out someone who is behaving in a trollish manner. Even if his soaping experience is exactly as claimed, down to swaths of lye stains all over his kitchen, he has refused to follow any requests for more information, and berated people for providing informative links and reiterating the basic rules of soap making.

I can't believe you guys are still trying to help. You've offered advice, posted links, even given lists of supplies. Now its up to the OP if he wants to listen or not. You should just let this tread die, its not serving any purpose but to inflame you all.

Okay, in the interests of sanity, I have closed this thread. The questions have been answered, there are enough links and advice in here to set the OP on the way to making what is actually soap.

To the OP (and a general psa) - bear in mind that access to this forum is not a right, it is a privilege. One that can and WILL be removed in instances where people do not play by the rules. This is not a free-for-all, it is not a democracy - the terms of use, the rules for each section and the expectations that we all have on one another are not optional. If you want to use this site, you have to do so within the confines of these conditions. This forum is what is it because we make sure that a certain conditional membership is applied. The vast majority of the people who actually bring something worthwhile to this site are the ones who abide by the conditions. The people who do not abide by it are very often people who add nothing positive to the forum anyway. It is one of the reasons that I agreed to be a moderator, because there is something in the community here that works really well - not in spite of the terms of use, but because of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back