I made my first beer soap! =D

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanooo48

Reaction score
E65B67A5-191F-4043-82E8-77A0E8A98CB5.jpeg
Oatmeal stout. Scented with oatmeal milk and honey. Love how these came out and smell even! Still freshly cut I was just super excited with these haha! I had fun! I will experiment some more with beer soaps in the future :dance:

I love the light color at the top. Is that just from partial gel? They look amazing!
Thank you! Yes! Actually it is partial gel! And I did it purposely. This soap heats super fast when insulated so I insulated briefly while keeping close watch and just as I started seeing the gellin goin on I quickly threw it in the freezer so I could keep the top light so it looked like the fizz on the top of the beer lol!! I made another today with the extra stout but made it a cocoa mint version. This one I mostly gelled but I was afraid of it cracking. A lot of sugar in beer. Makes for a hot soap!!

Thank you! Yes! Actually it is partial gel! And I did it purposely. This soap heats super fast when insulated so I insulated briefly while keeping close watch and just as I started seeing the gellin goin on I quickly threw it in the freezer so I could keep the top light so it looked like the fizz on the top of the beer lol!! I made another today with the extra stout but made it a cocoa mint version. This one I mostly gelled but I was afraid of it cracking. A lot of sugar in beer. Makes for a hot soap!!

Nicely done!

Wow looks great!! did you leave the beer go flat overnight or cook the bubbles out?
Def boiled them bubbles lol. 2nd batch had a little issue bubbling over the pot :eek: but caught it quick lol. And then I cooled it in freezer.

Def boiled them bubbles lol. 2nd batch had a little issue bubbling over the pot :eek: but caught it quick lol. And then I cooled it in freezer.
I feel inspired after seeing yours now! I'll have to try making some.

My husband has been asking me to make a many batch out of beer and something more cleansing as he doesn't like my soaps I made because they leave his hands feeling too moisturised haha :rolleyes:

They look awesome is the colour purely from the guiness no extras? and did you use 50/50 water and beer? Iv made beer soap before first one came out cracking but suffered with partial gel second one looks and smells nice but the fo accelerated and the brown mica i used turned grey when i added td too it. Need to try another beer soap see if i can get better results than last time

I feel inspired after seeing yours now! I'll have to try making some.

My husband has been asking me to make a many batch out of beer and something more cleansing as he doesn't like my soaps I made because they leave his hands feeling too moisturised haha :rolleyes:
Lol!!

They look awesome is the colour purely from the guiness no extras? and did you use 50/50 water and beer? Iv made beer soap before first one came out cracking but suffered with partial gel second one looks and smells nice but the fo accelerated and the brown mica i used turned grey when i added td too it. Need to try another beer soap see if i can get better results than last time
So I used the extra stout for the pure darkness factor, but I did add one Tsp of cocoa powder unsweetened to my oils before adding the beer and lye mixture. Which I did not add any water to. Just pure beer. :D I probably could have gotten away without the cocoa powder to be totally honest. The beer is really dark!

DDC7A135-4133-4A13-97F0-F3775547A327.jpeg
Here just so you see how dark it was lol. :)

Back