I made 3 soaps lastnight!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallerygirl

Reaction score
I did a peppermint with ground oatmeal, a lavender with ground oatmeal & lavender buds and a kitchen coffee bar. Two of them I did in pringles cans, loved, loved, loved the round bars and cut them with a crinkle cutter. I used freezer paper in the round cans and well.....I have to do it better, some of the soap seeped between the paper and can. :roll: Nonetheless, they look alright, couldn't sell them, but made them for personal use. The coffee bar looks great, but it doesn't smell too hot. I didn't use any fragrance and my thought is that once it cures, it won't smell at all - I hope. Anyway. Learn as you go. Am very much enjoying the process.

8) 8) 8) Congratulations! Nothing like handmade soap, especially when we make it ourselves. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sounds like you're having fun. You go, girl!

I sympathize with your impatience to use your own lovely handmade soap.

Have you tried HP? You can use the soap sooner if it is cooked. I do CP to trace, then transfer the soap to a ss pot, put it in the oven at 250 with lid on. Cook 15 mins. Stir; cook 15 mins more, stir again. Third and final cook, then add scent (or not), and into the molds they go. I like to use 1 quart milk cartons for small batches for my own personal use. They make a nice square bar which distorts to almost round.

Not HP doesn't sound that bad....maybe since we are going to be snowed in tomorrow, I should try it. Soooooo, how long would I have to wait to use HP soap???? :lol:

Wow! 3 batches for your first go, now that is brave!

HP sounds really nice and quicker than I thought. What is an ss pot?

Hey Woodi. 250F. you cook your soap at? I was under the impression to use 170F.

My soap comes out a little thick, and I have to be quick to pour it. And have wondered about raising the heat, but didn't want to burn it.

Iff you like pringle can soap, there is another chip that comes in a triangular can w/ rounded edges rather than pointed. I think they are called toragos, something like that....

actually these would make batch 4,5,6.

Tabitha, how would you get the soap out of the toragos can?? I had lined the pringles can with freezer paper.

Latest posts

Back