I love hemp milk soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjfan74

Reaction score
I have fallen in love with hemp milk soap! I love the texture of the finished soap, it has a great lather and leaves my skin feeling very soft! This is the second batch I have made with hemp milk! I have scented it with a blend of orange EO, Peppermint EO and Patchouli EO. Pencil line made with comfrey powder. Top section had a bit TD mixed in for some contrast. This was gelled. Ungelled, it is a creamy white...very pretty as well!

IMG_0946.jpg

you are really talented pjfan74! Looks lovely.

Relle -

Check around the organics section in a grocery. That's where I found it. However, I have seen hemp protein powder and I've wondered if it could be dissolved in water in place of hemp milk.

If you can't find hemp milk, you may be able to find hemp seeds and make your own milk. Of course, you wouldn't have to add the extra ingredients like agave, vanilla or lecithin.

http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/recipes/raw_homemade_hemp_seed_milk/

Ok, thanks for the info, I'll go on the hunt, however I don't like my chances, it is Australia after all and not the US, you have so many more choices than us. I think trying to get hemp seed will be less likely than milk.

If you can't find hemp milk, you may be able to find hemp seeds and make your own milk. Of course, you wouldn't have to add the extra ingredients like agave, vanilla or lecithin.

Hazel, now how am I going to milk hemp seeds, it would have to be a very small stool :razz::razz::razz:

That looks great I really like your pencil line

Thanks! I have to admit though, I must have gotten a bit heavy with the pencil line...one piece of soap broke apart after I cut it on the line...

I had a hard time trying to decide what color and what to use for the pencil line in this one!

Gorgeous soap! I'll have to put hemp milk on my "to try" list.

I love hemp oil in soap even if it is more fragile than some others.

This is what I've found out Hazel, from an online site.

Australia is the ONLY WESTERN COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WHERE THIS HIGHLY NUTRITIOUS FOOD is still banned. Even the USA—where hemp cultivation is still against the law–allows consumers the numerous benefits of hemp.

That's odd. It's very nutritious and it's not like you can get high from it. I guess I can't even mail you any because we'd both get in trouble with the authorities. But maybe they'd let us share the same cell. That might be fun!

How would we make soap in a cell ? Do you think they would let us have caustic ?

btw - I wasn't yelling in my post, that's the way it was cut and pasted.

Very pretty!! and I do LOVE milk soaps, but hemp milk is something I haven't tried...hmmm I may have to look into that. ;)

I love the color and the line you made in it. Now you've given me something else to look for! I'm in Ca. so it shouldn't be difficult for me to find hemp milk. I can get hemp seeds easily but they're not shelled (bird supply stores have them). I think that I could probably make the milk with the seeds anyway though and just strain them out later. Now I need to go and find a good hemp soap recipe!

Back