I love beeswax candles but...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
This morning we forgot to notice, as we lit the woodstove, that there was a fat candle sitting on it.....until later when the house filled with smoke and alarms went off while we were making breakfast.

This is the culprit

MeltedCandle.JPG

and now our woodstove is shiny, but will need more cleaning yet...

waxyWoodstove.JPG

So let this be a warning to all you woodstove owners who like to burn candles atop the stove before going to bed at night with the fire out, and who forget to take it off the stove-top before you light the morning fire! (what's that you say? ....I'm the only nutcase who might do this???)

On a happier note: the house smells lovely, and honey-scented, and will probably smell that way most of the fall... :roll:

Oh bugger.
It happens so easily.
I cook on top of mine during the winter months here & I've been known to come home to a boiled dry hotpot at times.

we have a few things (not just candles) that have come to a sudden melty death on top of our wood heater. You'd think we would have learnt after the first one :roll: :oops:

Could have been worse and glad it wasn't. When my wood fire was brand new and gorgeous, I sat a crystallized container of honey on a plate on top and then .... I went out. The honey melted, went all over the top and took the coating off and I've had to look at it ever since. :wink:

Don't feel too bad, I forgot the candle and the lighter on the pellet stove. I was watching TV and... what is that hissing sound??? Oh man I grabbed the lighter and threw it outside expecting a hollywood explosion, but luckily it just thudded on the ground. All the lighter fluid had evaporated when I checked it after a couple hours, I'm just glad nothing bad happened :oops:

Latest posts

Back