I just made Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thursday48

Reaction score
After more than a year of researching soap making and stalking around this forum I finally took the plunge and made a batch of soap. It was much easier than I had built it up to be in my head, I mean assuming that it actually turns into soap and doesn't just end up as a blob of oily mess that never sets up into anything.

I spent some time in soapcalc and made a recipe. I used a Pringles Can and a mold the DH made for me when I first started researching. I don't think my pours came out as planned but I'm so excited that I actually did it that I'm a bit on cloud nine and can't wait to unmold and cut. *Squee* Also I'm pretty sure that there are going to be a thousand air bubbles because I'm sure I over blended and forgot to tap the mold but I'm to excited to care that much at this moment.

Soap attempt one.jpg

20160609_232801.jpg

20160609_232811.jpg

Congratulations!!!! That first batch is so exciting from in-putting the ingredients in soap calc all the way through the cure then finally to the sink or shower. :)

It looks great too. Your recipe is well balanced & should make excellent soap. Waiting to cut can be so hard because you just want to SEE IT! Please post pics when you do so we can all share the excitement!

Awesome soap! I'd say your studying and research paid off. What did you scent it with?

Congrats on your first batch, and as stated, we can't wait to see the cut pics. Now the hard part is waiting four weeks to use it.

Oh yes, that looks like it'll be lovely soap, both the recipe and the colors you chose! I can't wait to see pics of the cut soap :thumbup:

Congrats! I too love Pringles cans for molds. They are the perfect size!

Well I just peeked in on it as it looks like there may be a touch of soda ash and a there are 2 cracks around the edge of the pringles can mold

What did you scent it with?
The yellow I scented with Jasmine FO and the purple I scented with Lavender EO. The purple for sure hit trace faster than the yellow, though it did have more pigment powder in it as well.

Latest posts

Back