I infused honeysuckle into grapeseed oil.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skayc1

Reaction score
I did it three times then I soaped with it I used kaolin clay to help stick the oils that came from the blossoms in, & the soap smells kinda sweet, not exactly like honeysuckle. though. (maybe like honeysuckle mixed with cocoa butter)
11357326_10155663927515646_8743135045330095876_o.jpg

I did it three times then I soaped with it I used kaolin clay to help stick the oils that came from the blossoms in, & the soap smells kinda sweet, not exactly like honeysuckle. though. (maybe like honeysuckle mixed with cocoa butter)
11357326_10155663927515646_8743135045330095876_o.jpg

When you say you did it 3 times, do you mean you triple infused? If so, well done! I think it's gorgeous!

I infused about 3 ounces of grapeseed oil with 3 packed down cups of honeysuckle total, by the time I did the 3rd 1 cup infusion, it had a scent, not sure it stuck well though.

Thats some of the prettiest soap I've seen. The colors are gorgeous and the swirls are just perfect.

Did you dry the blossoms or infuse with fresh?

I infused with fresh, took a week, cause I infused for 36 hours, strained squeezed out the oil then infused same oil with more fresh honeysuckle & repeated one more time. I'm now thinking of using Vodka & fresh grated orange peel, avoiding the white part..& repeating till the vodka smells strong of orange...only problem is I'll need to give the orange themselves to family members to eat, as I'm allergic to oranges, Oh & I'll add a cinnamon stick & cloves as well.

Latest posts

Back