I haven`t done this in awhile, but I want answers.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beachgurl said:
I got those bowls at a yard sale !!

Godiva, I mix for a few minutes with my whisk, pull the batter out like shown, and then hit everything with a SB before going to town and haven't had problems. It truly is a learning process; I was queen of soap on a stick until I figured out when to separate. Just keep trying and all of a sudden, you'll get it. I tried for over a year until I figured it all out. Just be patient with yourself.

So what happens if you really AREN'T at trace? I think I over mix, thinking I'm not "there" yet. Will I still get soap?

If you aren't at trace it could separate. I've never had that happen, but it could. If everything's well combined and mixed up, chances are you'll just have to wait a while longer to unmold.

tried, again, after i add fo it gets so thin, so i sb it again, pour swirl color and different heights, then some on top, then chopstick, it kind blended in, not too much swirl on top, we'll see after i cut tomorrow. :cry: WHY cant i do this????

If the soap is too thin when you start to pour, just give a couple minutes and let it thicken up before you start to do your surface swirl.

Latest posts

Back