I have realized

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmqmama

Reaction score
You can't rush soaping. Lol

Tried to throw together a small test batch while I had an hour in between shifts..... It looks like greasy pink cottage cheese. Ick! It went from cream soup consistency to rotten yogurt in like 30 seconds...

Can I rebatch or just toss it? It smells good but ew - it looks nasty!!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1381265269.094232.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I dunno.... It kinda looks like head cheese... lol

The natural looks curdled, the pink looks like jello and the FO is just floating around in gloops.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1381284262.260959.jpg

Not to mention it was already solid enough for me to slice 6hrs in... I think I killed it. :)

throw In crock, TIC ( CPR) for soap, , you can save it's life..

Add in activated charcoal when you rebatch and you will have a nice dark gray to black charcoal bar you could even add in some salt for a light salt bar. This is one way I save bad batches. I love mud and charcoal bars with salt

I've seen a lot of "spam" soaps but you are right about yours looking more like Head Cheese! If it's just the look that is wrong for you I'd just leave it as is. But if you rebatch I like the idea of adding a bit of charcoal for a change in color.

Bacon! :D

:wink: It's all part of the learning process, I'm sure very beginning soapmaker has had some of those.

It DOES look like bacon. Haha

I will ignore it for a bit and see if I can get over the ick-factor or decide to rebatch.

It's definitely a trial with my patience. My stick blender and I are having a battle of wills. I so wanted to do a slab and pour quite thin to swirl last night.... I put in the colour and EO AND thought oh this is taking forever, I'll just grab the stick blender for a SECOND - instant mashed potatoes.... lol

So I have a 3rd batch that I'll unmold tomorrow that is going to look slightly like melted crayons. It was globbed and smushed into the molds very quickly. Lol

I'm trace-challenged. ;)

Try adding adding EO's or FO's that are troublemakers to your oils and soap at room temp. It often makes quite a difference.

Strawberry milkshake from saffire blue.

The separation isn't as bad as it looks. I left half natural and only scented it. The other half had some pink labColor added.

The uncoloured 1/2 is what looked "curdled" when I squooshed it into the mold.

It's a little better today now that it's starting to dry. I might just see how it works as a soap and keep it as-is for the kids. My little one is slightly disappointed that it doesn't smell like bacon. lol

It's definitely the FO. :) I tried it again with a MUCH lower temp and very light trace. This is what I got. At least I can kinda work with it. MIL will think it's supposed to look this way... ;)

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1381696007.187163.jpg

So my conclusion is the Strawberry Milkshake FO smells amazing, but not suited for CP. Maybe I will try it next in a M&P and see what happens.

Back