I have oil and gel!!!! help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*cries*

THIS is what I'm afraid of!

Sorry, I've not offered any help...I don't know what could have happened.
But I thoroughly feel your pain!

You definately have some seperation going on there. You may have poured your soap too early into the mold - perhaps you had a false trace? Do you add your fragrance early or not until you've reached trace? Some people add it in with the base oils but I find this can be difficult since most eo's and fo's will thicken the soap up and make it look like your getting trace.

Check your recipe for correctness and test to see if the liquid that seperated out is lye or not. If you've saved everything you may be able to rebatch it.

Ouch! I'm so sorry, Spots71. :( That soap looks like it's bleeding and in very bad pain! :shock:

For us to be able to get to the bottom of things and to be able to advise you more specifically, though, it would be of great help to know more of your recipe and what additives you used (such as honey, milks of any sort, etc...), and how you went about soaping your batch (hot, cold, how much fragrance you used and when you added it, etc..). So many different factors come into play that it's hard to pinpoint the cause without knowing more details (the devil is in the details, as they say :lol: ).

IrishLass

cocnut oil, canola oil, crisco, pko. Goats milk. Made 5 lbs added 2 oz of FO. Both soaps were the same recipe. The white log one I added the goats milk to the oils and mixed the lye with the water then to the oils. It got real thick real quick then added FO.

I did toss both batches just in case. I hate tossing them just in case I could fix but both but i guess better safe than sorry.

Could it be your FO .. I had the same thing happen when I used substandard fragrances.

Back