I have no clue what happened to my wax-Pictures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lane

Reaction score
I am veeeerrrrryyyyy new to doing candles... I am starting with wax tarts to get a good feel for how it all works...before I have to start worrying about wicks and stuff...

Anyway... I am using the Votive Soy Wax found here: http://brambleberry.com/candle_supplies.html
It seems very firm for being 100% soy...

Anyway, I did the right temps, added one ounce per pound of wax, used WSP Pumpkin Pie and WSP French Candle Color Dye blocks to dye it...

What happened?? Thank you for any ideas!!
Wax2.jpg

Wax1.jpg

Wax3.jpg

Hi,

Your tarts are very pretty,great color choice for that scent.
It looks to me as though the swirls were caused from that part of the mold being cold.I personally like that.
I get that on occasion to.Being interrupted while I'm setting up and not paying attention.
It won't have any effect on how the tart performs.after it's been melted I'm sure they will disappear.
Great job there! :)

Munky.

It does give it an earthy look which is what you are w trying to convey w/ soy right? Kinda frosted.

Wax Munky said:
It looks to me as though the swirls were caused from that part of the mold being cold.I personally like that.

It won't have any effect on how the tart performs.after it's been melted I'm sure they will disappear.

Munky.
The swirls all the way through... and the mold was room temp... I melted one in my burner and when the was re-solidified, the little flakes were gone! Hmmmm

Tabitha said:
I dunno, but I love your hair!
Haha! Thanks!

I am wondering if it is from the color block I used? Possibly the wax that the color block is made with doesn't mix well with the 100% soy??

Looks like your wax is frosting. It wont' hurt. Going colorless may help to hide it since colors do tend to make frost more noticeable.

Latest posts

Back