I have fallen..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several models that will cut quilt squares/shapes. I rarely cut out a quilt with the same shapes over and over again, so always felt it wasn't worth the money to invest in one...it would be hiding under my bed more than on my work table. However, IF I invested in a model for my daughter to use, I would certainly be able to use it from time to time and then I wouldn't have to store it!
My mother in law is a quilter who has been making quilts for the last 40 years in a think she could cut a square blindfolded. I tried to make a quilt once and it was the most crooked thing I had ever seen I cannot cut a straight line. I would need the cricut if i wanted to try again.

If you do decide to get one go out on YouTube and watch some comparison videos between the different models. My mother in law believes you should always get the most expensive model. I do not. I got to maker because I wanted the engraving feature which the Explorer air does not have but for my daughter the explore ere did everything she needed it to do so there was no sense getting the maker.

My mother in law is a quilter who has been making quilts for the last 40 years in a think she could cut a square blindfolded. I tried to make a quilt once and it was the most crooked thing I had ever seen I cannot cut a straight line. I would need the cricut if i wanted to try again.

If you do decide to get one go out on YouTube and watch some comparison videos between the different models. My mother in law believes you should always get the most expensive model. I do not. I got to maker because I wanted the engraving feature which the Explorer air does not have but for my daughter the explore ere did everything she needed it to do so there was no sense getting the maker.
I've been quilting for about 50 years now...learning new things are beginning to get to me...especially technology. At least I am not like my parents who would wait until my siblings would visit so all of their clocks could be reset. I just need a little translation at times to get out of technobabble into English. Luckily our daughter here is our translator!

Yes, you have to really do have to assess the comparisons now days. Sometimes more is not better, but just more expensive. Anything I would do on any machine would be far less than what my daughter wants it for...and which she would use. So I am letting her do the comparison for model, I'll keep up with this thread and keep the ideas in my notebook and watch those YouTube vids. That way if she is thinking one over the other, I can drop my 2 cents worth in.

We have lots of time as we were informed the trusses for the garage are on back order until July. Plus another month to get back into the house as the contractor will only call the subs such as electrician, roofer, etc. once rather than getting them in to do the house part and later coming back for the garage. It's complicated, but we are learning to live with it.

Im still down the rabbit hole. Now Im on aprons. Trust me, the design is dead centered (I measured) but hanging an apron to lie flat and centered was like bathing a cat. I tried multiple places and surfaces. So far, Im having a blast

190057492_4136847623043594_8966194385322855347_n.jpg

I am a gadget collector. I need help. My Pampered Chef dealer loves me. I have stuff for my kitchen that i will never use. I actually have one or two things that I have no clue what they are for anymore.

A friend of mine started a biz making “grandmom’s recipes engraved onto cutting boards in her handwriting”. I’m like “I need that in my life”... Don't buy the tool kim, don't do it.

Be proud my friends. I did not buy it lol. I don't need another craft. Although i really want to learn how to knit. I can crochet blindfolded or while watching tv, but never picked up a knitting needle.

In the event of an apocalypse, we crafters will be the richest people in the world: we have blanket/clothing makers, candle makers, soap makers...

I got a little scared for the future of humanity when one of the girls at work asked me to sew a button back on for her. “Up through this hole, down through this hole”...she quickly lost interest Lol, like “cant you just fix it for me?”

We've had our cricut for about 18 months or so. Using it for custom stickers for our soap packaging and planner stickers

Back