I have fallen..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Down the Cricut - Vinyl rabbit hole. I've had it 2 weeks and already have a must-use vinyl supplier and I'm thinking in layers now. Anyone else?

ducky keychain.jpg

I'm not into cricut. I have been tempted to get one just to make easy changeable signs (that look nice) for my booth at markets.
But seriously, that ducky is giving me the feels!
I initially bought it for labels and custom size boxes but I got the maker and it has all these tools. I can engrave, emboss, foil, cut material. I am a sucker for gadgets.

Im not quite sure how to take that?.
I can totally relate, whether it is kitchen gadgets or craft gadgets. Kitchen gadgets usually get lots of use, so I can justify those more easily. But with craft gadgets, I really don't have the talent or skills to make all the cute things that others might make. Yet I still want them. :p

I love my Cricut. It takes the place of so many dies.
I had been saving for a laser engraver but it looked so technical that I wasn't sure I could number one figure it out and number two make it work for what I needed it for. I happened on a video for the cricut and then spent 6 more months sweating over whether I should make the investment.

Just the custom boxes make it worth it for me. I can never find the right size Box.

Im not quite sure how to take that?.
🤣 I'm just joking! It's like being addicted to anything. It's hard to control. ;) i.e., I have a shelf full of pretty or unique or clever soap dishes I picked up at garage sales and thrift stores for years. I will never use them. Gifting to others is not an option. There isn't anybody left who hasn't already got one (or 2 or 3 LOL) 🤪

@msunnerstood my daughter gifted me with a air explore 2 last year when my job was put on hold due to covid. She said “ make soap labels mom! “ I’ve been making labels, tshirts , etc. I didn’t even think about boxes!! Soooo much to do!!! I love it! Another daughter just bought the mug cricket and is now making coffee/ tea mugs. I’m holding off on that one. I have way too many diversions! 😂

🤣 I'm just joking! It's like being addicted to anything. It's hard to control. ;) i.e., I have a shelf full of pretty or unique or clever soap dishes I picked up at garage sales and thrift stores for years. I will never use them. Gifting to others is not an option. There isn't anybody left who hasn't already got one (or 2 or 3 LOL) 🤪
Whew.. At least with the maker I can switch between mediums to avoid having 300 keychains. its also great to avoid boredom with making the same thing.

Its too easy to browse Amazon though. I have to limit myself before it becomes a hording issue with key chain blanks, vinyl and weeding tools 🤣

@msunnerstood my daughter gifted me with a air explore 2 last year when my job was put on hold due to covid. She said “ make soap labels mom! “ I’ve been making labels, tshirts , etc. I didn’t even think about boxes!! Soooo much to do!!! I love it! Another daughter just bought the mug cricket and is now making coffee/ tea mugs. I’m holding off on that one. I have way too many diversions! 😂
Boxes, custom envelopes, cards.. its a rabbit hole im telling you.

How do you make soap labels with it?

How do you make soap labels with it?
Its called print and cut. I designed the labels in design space, which is their software. then you print them and put them on the mat. The cricut then senses the edges and cuts them either all the way through, or you can do a kiss cut where you cut them so you can peel them off the sheet.

I just looked these up, and I'm kind of glad they're so expensive! 🤣
In school my art teacher was a graphic designer rather than a fine artist, and I got really into making posters and other such things with vinyl that I cut by hand with a scalpel. Also I'm a sucker for gadgets too, so this thing is definitely calling to me!
*Must be strong*

Latest posts

Back