I have a new SoapHutch mold!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapbuddy

Reaction score
I'm so excited! Now I can make logs or slabs, all in one mold. Isn't it gorgeous?!

SoapHutchMold.jpg

SoapHutchMold2.jpg

Irena

What type of plastic is that? It looks hard to work with. I had one similar to that, and I had alot of trouble with it.

smellitlikeitis said:
What type of plastic is that? It looks hard to work with. I had one similar to that, and I had alot of trouble with it.

It's thick HDPE. This is my second HDPE mold from Rich. It comes with a key, as you can see in the pic, for the sides to slide right out.

Irena

Irena, do you find the soap will stick to the sides and ends of this type mold? And doesn't he, for an additional cost, sell a thin sheet of HDPE to line the bottom for this very reason? Is there no top needed/included?
I think that what he states on his videos and web site. Other than that, it's a good looking mold. 8)

Paul.... :wink:

No Paul, they do not stick. At least I have not had that problem. I don't line my molds so I don't use any type of a liner. I don't gel my soaps, so I prefer not to have any type of a lid.

Just for the heck of it, I made just one log in it:

Soaphutchmoldonelog.jpg

Irena

That is a very interesting mold! Your soap looks very nice! I look forward to seeing cut pictures!
God Bless,
Lynn

WOW!!

Not only is it a beautiful mold but check out that soap. Thats a work of art!

I love the look of that soap log, Irena! Nice presentation. Great mold! Would love to hear how you like it with repeated uses.
I just ordered one from TOG and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I live so far from all the suppliers, and it's Xmas shipping time. Sigh. Patience is a virtue I am learning in spades.

FitMommyOf2 said:
Those look cool! May I ask how much those kind of molds run for?
I'm curious and clueless :lol:

Val, I think this mold sells for the $130. 00 to $150.00 range. He has some prices listed at his web site, but not all. I know from what my customers have told me after comparison shopping.

Paul.... :) :wink:

Back