I have a confession .....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's bad and I need to stop

But now that the kiddo isn't breast feeding much, most days only before bedtime....... I find I smoke a lot while I'm soaping (when he's already asleep).

Ugh.. Like whenever my hands are free, waiting for the soap to cook. Bad I know, but it's the worst confession I can think of lol
I sewed when my children were young and some of my favorite times were when they were asleep and I could smoke and sew-loved it! Don’t beat yourself up over it-you’ll quit (and still soap!)

A couple of years back I unearthed my old barbies (90’s barbies) and gave them a good clean, new clothes and even rerooted a couple of them. Then I bought some new barbies cause their bodies are different and now come on different sizes and I have them all on display. Apparently I like dolls cause then I bought the more interesting looking (to me) monster high dolls aaaaand I’m digging my colection of funko pops. Not to mention my colection of Saint Seiya Myth Cloths... i have a problem.

I'm pretty sure I'm a craft addict. I taught myself how to make soap, knit, make tile coasters, wet felt and my mom taught me how to sew and quilt. I also want to learn how to screen print, make candles and lip balms. My husband keeps asking me to not pick up any more hobbies. Lol! Silly husband!

Last edited:
I lick the spoon when mixing soap. Just kidding.

I really don't have anything - I always wear gloves and goggles, I'm terribly anal about splitting my batter for coloring and weigh everything into their container, I never take temps, and beveling is my zen zone. Seriously, you need your soaps beveled, you send them my way. I guess that if I have anything to confess it's that after making soap I put my blender head in a container of water and dish soap... and it will sit there uncleaned until the next time I make soap... which may be a week or two later...
I guess I should have read that "Just kidding" part before making my last batch. Dr. says I'll be on solid food in no time.

Beer is allowed in my soap dungeon. @Primrose feel free to bring your own bourbon :)
The She-cat is allowed to come into the dungeon periodically to sniff out any potential mice, but she is well behaved and doesn't sit on shelves or jump up on tables. The He-Cat is a jerk who doesn't listen, so he's not allowed.

Haha I have the opposite issue. My she cat is the jerk who doesn’t listen. My he cat is respectful until said she cat comes in and he forgets all of his manners and follows her lead.

I often find if I start with a couple or martinis, I don't even need to make soap that day. ;)
Beer does it for me.

Confession.. I'm in the mood to tie my sons up, box em n ship them to their fathers.... And just lie around half the day, soap for a quarter of it, and drink the rest of the time lol

Sigh

My confession: total newbie. I have watched hundreds of hours of soaping videos, i have a notebook filled with recipes, I have all my supplies ready and waiting. I dream up designs. I even tell the people in the videos they made a booboo ... but I’m intimidated!

Yet I make beautiful candles, plant medicine and beads from rose petals but soaping brings me to my knees! :hairpulling:

I used to like to mow my son's lawn. I liked driving from my house to his house on the riding lawn mower so I could mow his lawn. Until I ran over some rabbits because they didn't know which direction to run and ran right underneath the blades. I was glad when I didn't have to mow his lawn after that.

I used to like to mow my son's lawn. I liked driving from my house to his house on the riding lawn mower so I could mow his lawn. Until I ran over some rabbits because they didn't know which direction to run and ran right underneath the blades. I was glad when I didn't have to mow his lawn after that.
Ewww

I think I'm addicted to making soap. I've made two batches yesterday. One batch today and already planning a batch for tomorrow and the next day.

I now have a lot of soap... And no clue what to do with it!!
Same, but I just started selling mine at Farmer's Markets. It gives me an excuse for the molds and tools that I have, and people seem to really love my soaps. The leftovers, I use for myself. That's my confession. I use way too many of my own product, but I love it!

...but I’m intimidated!

Yet I make beautiful candles, plant medicine and beads from rose petals but soaping brings me to my knees!

Just start with a small batch of a plain, simple recipe. Get that first, low-risk one out of the way and then you'll be ready for some of the things you see on YT.

Latest posts

Back