I hate to waste

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anything creative i can do with these? It hurts my soul to waste anything lol

Attachments

• E06EA83B-3512-4601-8FBC-032183886BD8.jpeg
    E06EA83B-3512-4601-8FBC-032183886BD8.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 36
Exactly what Relle said, of if they are soft/sticky enough you can mush them together and make a round soap, or mush them together in an individual mold.

Search "confetti soaps" and a lot of suggestions/inspiration will come up.

I save my scraps and rebatch them. I can't stand waiting for them to melt in the crockpot, so I melt it all down in the microwave. So much faster, and no big heavy crock to clean, either.

I add enough liquid so that I can stick-blend the batter to become smooth. Sometimes I add more color and scent, too.

I do this with my scraps (once I have enough to fill the cavity of an individual decorative mold (or more): I place the scraps in an oven-safe bowl, spritz a little water on them from a spray bottle to just moisten them, then heat them (covered) in my oven @ 170F until just softened enough to squish together like soft clay. Then I press them into individual molds to make a full bar. This is the end result:

IMG_0912CroppedScraps640.JPG

IrishLass :)

Anything creative i can do with these? It hurts my soul to waste anything lol
Here’s a batch of confetti soap I made not long ago from shavings of a soap I made for a challenge that I didn’t scent.

Attachments

• 6615DB66-EF6B-4F65-8002-9B74B1C1A567.jpeg
    6615DB66-EF6B-4F65-8002-9B74B1C1A567.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 37
I rebatch mine with fine ground pumice and Orange FO to make a mechanics scrub soap. Mine end up being a gray color because I use a lot of blue and green. I currently have two 7lb buckets of shreds waiting to be made into more scrubby soap because i have issues throwing away soap... I've documented my process somewhere on the forum if you want to search for it.
1593718868954.png

Another confetti soap. This one I only had a little bit of confetti so I coloured the bottom layer and used the confetti in the top. I usually save up all my bits and pieces until I have a lot to make a 'packed' confetti soap, but I quite like this spartan look too.
View attachment 47490
Love the way this turned out!

Back