I hate to waste

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Make a new batch of soap and throw them in, easy, no waste or using a spatula, embed them into the top of the soap while wet, they're gone and used.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
Exactly what Relle said, of if they are soft/sticky enough you can mush them together and make a round soap, or mush them together in an individual mold.

Search "confetti soaps" and a lot of suggestions/inspiration will come up.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I save my scraps and rebatch them. I can't stand waiting for them to melt in the crockpot, so I melt it all down in the microwave. So much faster, and no big heavy crock to clean, either.

I add enough liquid so that I can stick-blend the batter to become smooth. Sometimes I add more color and scent, too.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I do this with my scraps (once I have enough to fill the cavity of an individual decorative mold (or more): I place the scraps in an oven-safe bowl, spritz a little water on them from a spray bottle to just moisten them, then heat them (covered) in my oven @ 170F until just softened enough to squish together like soft clay. Then I press them into individual molds to make a full bar. This is the end result:

IMG_0912CroppedScraps640.JPG

IrishLass :)

amd

Reaction score
I rebatch mine with fine ground pumice and Orange FO to make a mechanics scrub soap. Mine end up being a gray color because I use a lot of blue and green. I currently have two 7lb buckets of shreds waiting to be made into more scrubby soap because i have issues throwing away soap... I've documented my process somewhere on the forum if you want to search for it.
1593718868954.png

KiwiMoose

Reaction score
Another confetti soap. This one I only had a little bit of confetti so I coloured the bottom layer and used the confetti in the top. I usually save up all my bits and pieces until I have a lot to make a 'packed' confetti soap, but I quite like this spartan look too.
FC0750A4-3B50-4E2A-B536-29121FF7042D_1_201_a.jpeg

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My local shelter is delighted to receive my rebatch soap. It’s a great way to avoid waste AND clear out the soap racks.

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another confetti soap. This one I only had a little bit of confetti so I coloured the bottom layer and used the confetti in the top. I usually save up all my bits and pieces until I have a lot to make a 'packed' confetti soap, but I quite like this spartan look too.
View attachment 47490
Love the way this turned out!