I had already mixed my lye, and melted my oil WHEN I REALIZED...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmar22

Reaction score
I realized there were NO PAPER TOWELS.... luckily, I didn't panic! I immediately took off my shirt and used it seeing as my wife just recently bought new towels and I didn't want to go down that rode. So in non-breaking-bad-meth-lab-looking fashion, I proceeded, assuming that I could pull it off. Well boy was I wrong...

Earlier today I made a new mold to try a technique I learned in m&p but new used in CP. I then set up the mold, and tools I needed. Immediately when I began to poar I realized that my mold had a fatal flaw. A crack ran hairline down the side of it and began to leak. Nothing some duct tap couldn't fix...

I fixed the mold and realized at this point that somehow in the process of fixing the mold that I had ripped my glove which was now filled with soap up to my middle nuckle.

Tossed the glove, went bare and finished the job in epic fashion.

This soap better be SWEET!! Now for a vinegar shower... whoopie!

Activated Charcoal, Vanilla Blackberry Tiger Stripe catastrophe.

Because this cannot be said enough: ABSOLUTELY NO USING VINEGAR ON YOURSELF TO RINSE OFF A LYE OR RAW SOAP MIXTURE SPILL! FLUSH THE AREA WITH A LOT OF WATER FOR A FEW MINUTES!.

That "shouted," how do you feel? Are you alright?

I hope you are okay - not exactly a relaxing soaping experience :oops:

Completely fine now, more worried about how the soap is going to turn out because I was kinda running fanatically around the whole time

Back