I guess I should introduce myself!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimW

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Joined SMF recently, but made my first soap from wood ash lye about 8 years ago and I was hooked. What about me:
I'd label myself an intermediate level soaper. Soap often (with NaOH and KOH now), but not in large quantities because Trader Joe's (is that OK to write?!) has a bar that works with my skin. Started soaping in larger quantities since we moved to the beautiful middle of nowhere and I could no longer justify a four hour road trip for what amounted to soap, soy free mayonnaise and cocoa nibs. LOL I make my own molds because I'm overly anal about bar size and I still like wee little batches of just four bars of soap. The quest to recreate a bar similar to that TJ's bar with no Palm is always on my mind. I make boring plain soap with no colors or FOs because my skin is so darn sensitive. I enjoy using plant teas to color, layer and swirl, but prefer just plain soap. I love making M&P base from scratch and then from it, making little bars scented with EOs. My most recent soap fascination has been to make a good bar with only US oils. Joined SMF to learn more about the science behind soaping. I've thought about selling, but am not comfortable with that given my lack of scientific knowledge. I would like to know cause as well as effect, if you will. Have numerous older books and recently have been studying DeeAnna's Soapy stuff and just received Kevin Dunn's Scientific Soapmaking to help learn more of the science - both of which I learned about here on SMF. So far, I love that book, btw! ...That is all. :)

Back