i got trace!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkflash54

Reaction score
I just poured my first batch of cold process soap into a loaf mold! I was really excited when i saw the trace because i dont have a stick blender...i stirred my soap by hand! it took about 15min then i saw the trace! i added some peppermint fragrance oil.
i read somewhere...i dont remember where though...that you can use crayon to color the soap. so i melted a red crayon and i tried to swirl it in the soap...im not sure how its going to turn out! but im really excited because its my first cold process soap ever! i have dont melt and pour before...but i really enjoy making things from scratch! :)

I feel your excitement! 8) I remember the first time my soap traced, then it actually went into gel too; I was fascinated....and hooked for life! Some do use Crayola Brand crayons since they are even edible for children, but as a mod here, I must say this is not an accepted practice in the soap making community. With that being said, for your own use, if you use the Crayola Brand, and since soap is a wash off product, I personally don't have a issue for personal soap colourant usage. :)
Congratulations!

Paul.... :wink:

thanks! yeah i plan on keeping this soap for myself...i want to do a few batches before i consider selling it or anything. But how would you recommend dying the soap? I have lots of candle wax dye chips and i also have some candle liquid dyes...but nothing specifically for soap

Yay for you!!! I have a peppermint/oatmeal I did and it is one of my favs! I didn't colour mine, still working on that aspect of this process. Congrats! k

Back