I got my custom Omar stamp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
My little mouse Omar designed for me to fit with my blog name

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1435515787.051312.jpg

I love Squeak!!

I love Omar's stamps! Your mouse is gorgeous.

He's lovely isn't he?!

I'm confused why my post is in here though as I definitely posted in the photo thread

Sonya, was it easy to make such a clean, neat impression with the Omar stamp? I ordered a few stamps from the Etsy Indian wood stamp place that I think several people from here have used, see https://www.etsy.com/shop/TATAindianwoodstamps?ref=l2-shopheader-name

They are beautiful, but I am having trouble getting a clear impression. Omar's stamps look like the outline would be clearer because although the base is wood, the part that makes the impression is acrylic/resin. Are his easier/better than your other stamps in that respect? Do you do anything "special" - eg, spray with alcohol - to get such a nice, clear outline?

Any comments would be great, I am really curious.

Thanks guys

The whole stamp is wood as far as I can tell but the lines are very clean and crisp.

I did use a little alcohol with this one but that was just to pick up more mica as I thought the first one looked too faint.

Omar was a pleasure to deal with and has given me permission to use the mouse in my blog logo too. And he sent me this little fish for free

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1435605873.797093.jpg

Thanks, Sonya, that helps. Have been batting the idea of existing an ordering a custom stamp or getting one of his regular ones, so the info was useful. The little fishes are v. cute, too, a great lagniappe!

Latest posts

Back