I got a ? about FO from BB

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvn8v73

Reaction score
I received 2 free bottles of Cucumber Garden when I made my 1st purchase from BB, they were the grab bags so I didn't know what I was getting. I personally do not like foody scents and due to some food scents making my stomach turn:(. I haven't opened the bottles to smell them and wondering if anyone has used this scent before would it be a good scent for a HP recipe? Not sure if I even want to use it. :confused: Any advice? What do I do with these unwanted bottles?

I have a sample of this FO and to my nose it smells exactly like dirt. If you stuck your nose in a pile of potting soil, that’s the note I get. I will not be using it in any form of...well, anything lol
That being said, if anyone actually can appreciate its...nuances...I think it would make a good gardener’s scrubby soap.

I've used it too, nothing foodie or cucumber about it. It is dirt/forest like but I wanted even more dirt so I mixed it 50/50 with patchouli eo.
Its a very unique scent, I quite like it and so do most other people. DH hates it though.

If you want to get away from the dirt notes, maybe mix it with something herbal or floral. I think it has a lot of possibilities as a blender.

I made the mistake of actually using my free sample in hopes that the dirt notes would leave. Not so much! Still there and the soap is a few months old. It's in time out in the closet where I catch a whiff of it when I go looking for my mica stash.....I'm not even sure I can give it to anyone. I think perhaps they should change the name to cucumber compost :eek:

I agree with @Obsidian about it being a good blender - I feel the same way about Blueberry Thyme from the same BB collection. On its own, I find it sickeningly sweet and quite overwhelming. I blended it with BB Amethyst in one of my recent batches and it adds a really lovely note to an otherwise quite musky floral. I like Amethyst on its own but with just a hint of Blueberry Thyme it really brings it to the next level.

If anyone wants my unused sample of Cucumber Garden, please let me know! I'm happy to send it your way.

I agree with @Obsidian about it being a good blender - I feel the same way about Blueberry Thyme from the same BB collection. On its own, I find it sickeningly sweet and quite overwhelming. I blended it with BB Amethyst in one of my recent batches and it adds a really lovely note to an otherwise quite musky floral. I like Amethyst on its own but with just a hint of Blueberry Thyme it really brings it to the next level.

If anyone wants my unused sample of Cucumber Garden, please let me know! I'm happy to send it your way.

I'd be happy to take your cucumber garden off your hands. I quite like it

Back