I got 117 USD for one soap!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You people are even worse than me! LOL I never even thought of taking a pic of him... but okay!! :D I won't be needing his services again for a while, but next time I call on him, I'll see if I can't sneak my way to getting a pic of him. (OMG, that last sentence sounded real cougarish, didn't it?) The things you people make me do! LOL He's going to think I am a freak if he catches me taking it, but I'll see what I can do. :)

Seven, the recipe is really no big deal. I think the relief he got must be more from not using commercial soap more than it is from using my soap. Or else it's the placebo effect. I dunno, but there really aren't any miraculous ingredients in the soap whatsoever, but if anyone wants to give it a go anyway, here's the recipe;

20% CO
35% Lard
20% AO
20% OO
5% Castor Oil

SF 5%. 10% mashed avocado ppo and 1 tsp kaolin clay ppo (used as FO anchor). I added some sugar, SL, ROE and Vit E to it too and a dash of green oxide to taste. That's it.

Last edited:
What a wonderful story! That's awesome! :D

As an aside- for those here in the US- you can find those fondant mats at Michael's Craft Store down the cake-baking aisle if you don't want to order online and wait for it to be shipped to you. That's where I got mine. I bought a couple of sets and cut them to fit all my molds. They work great and last forever (well....at least a couple of years to date, but they're still going strong!)

IrishLass :)

While I do love the story (^_^), I am grateful to hear the effects of avacado oil on the skin. I really would've slept on it because it is expensive to purchase. I now have an idea of the type of soap I can make for my niece (she also suffers from eczema).

I like both Avocado Oil and Almond Oil on my skin... both are wonderful in soap, and I normally have very dry itchy skin. I do see a difference between those, and soaps using only CO, PO, and OO. My favorite for my dry skin has both Avocado and Almond in large amounts.

And I agree! More about the gardner! We want eye candy!

GAR-DEN-ER!!! GAR-DEN-ER!!!!! cougar schmougar....just give him some lame excuse that you have a friend in the US who wants to see your garden and you want to show them who takes such great care of it, OR something about fellow soap makers want to see benefits of the avocado oil soap on eczema.

no....it's the excuse to take a picture of him. he'll come back for the soap.....they always do..... MWAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!! :twisted: lol

I sold my first soap yesterday!! Well, not exactly.... I sort of bartered it and OMG I definitely got the better end of the bargain!! :D

Here's the story. I hired a gardener to help get my front yard looking nice and he has really bad eczema on his forearms. Last time he was here, I gave him a scrubby coffee soap (coz he's a gardener) and a mild avocado soap. (I dump soaps on anyone who passes by. LOL) When he got here yesterday to work, the first thing he told me was that when he had gotten home last time, he had washed his arms with the avocado soap and the itching had stopped right away. He said he usually can't get a good night's sleep because he wakes up due to the itching but after using the soap, he can now sleep all night. He loved the soap and was all exalted and happy about it, (which made me feel really good, albeit a bit surprised, coz it was just an avocado soap. LOL ) So anyway, this guy isn't cheap to hire. He costs 388,- SEK an hour. That would be just under 60 USD an hour. (I know... ugh.) Anyway, I think it's worth it coz he gets my garden looking good in no time and it saves me a lot of time and work and sore muscles PLUS I get to watch a hunky, sweaty, muscular, sun-tanned guy roaming about my yard looking ever so manly and... *sigh*... well, enough about that, but it does have it perks having him around. LOL Well, to make a long story short, he was here for three hours yesterday and when time came to bill me, he said he would only bill me for one hour, because he said the soap had helped him so much and he was so grateful. That means I got two hours gardening for free!! That's 2 x 388 SEK = 776 SEK!!!! That's 117 USD!!!! For one little round of avocado soap!! That is just insane! LOL

I have a whole Pringles can worth of cured avocado soaps I'm going to give him the next time he's here, free of charge. The mere fact that he gave me such a mega discount and that it helps his eczema is enough for me. (Plus the hunky, sweaty, muscular thing is absolutely priceless. LOL) He waaaaay overpaid for that one little soap so it's the least I can do. My front yard looks fab right now, but I can hardly wait to have some weeds in my garden again. :lol:

It was a good day. :D

Maybe I have been misled, but aren't all Swedes highly attractive?

Is this why no one sends me soap?

Good for you.

You girls are simply incorrigible!! LOL Especially you, Neeners and Grayceworks. :lol:

Listen y'all. I promise to do what I can to get a pic next time he's here. He's finished for this time around, but I will have him back in a couple of months I reckon and then I'll get a pic, come Hell or high water, I WILL get a pic. In the mean time, just so you know what to expect, here's a description of him. I reckon he's about 6 ft tall and he has dark hair. He's pretty muscular and he has a nice smile, soft eyes, good teeth. LOL He's pretty much the definition of tall, dark and handsome! .... and from what I can gather, I don't think he's married. I'm not totally sure on that though, but during coffee breaks we would sit and chat about all sorts of things and he never once mentioned a wife or family or any of that sort. We talked quite a lot, so he had every opportunity to do so. (Not that it matters in any way. It's not like I'm interested in him or anything. LOL) He plays a lot of musical instruments and even plays the organ at his local church and he lives about a five minute drive from me. I know he also rides a motorbike, but he came here in a van with all his work stuff in the back. Uhm, what else? He really likes homemade chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons and homemade strawberry cordial too. (I know this coz I completely coincidentally happened to have a couple of Martha Stewart moments prior to his last visit. LOL)

Oh, I almost forgot. He has a name too. It's Peter. So how's that? Will that hold you girls over for awhile until the next time he's here? :D

Maybe I have been misled, but aren't all Swedes highly attractive?

Hmm.. well, there are lots of blond, blue-eyed fair-skinned people in all the Scandinavian countries and they're all fairly similar, IMO. Whether or not they're more or less attractive than other peoples, depends on what you like! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so it depends on personal preference what kinds of people one finds attractive. I myself am partial to the Mediterranean types and I also have a soft spot for Australian men, (but I am half Aussie myself, so I reckon that's why.) I've visited America a few times and there were quite a few nice specimens there, too! I pretty much like all brands of hunky, sun-kissed, outdoors-y type men. Yum! :D I wouldn't go so far as to characterize Scandinavian men as being that, as a whole, but there are a few nuggets here and there. :thumbup:

Well, well. That is quite the description. I believe a relatively small Southern Swedish Soap Workshop at your house is a necessity, focusing on eczema and psoriasis and what the soapmaker has to offer a person with such skin conditions. We would need someone to give a testimonial and who can believe such a testimonial unless it is given in person? Not I. I am available in Late July, when my pheromones will be peaking. What's your address?

:lol: :lol: It's been a long time since a thread has made me laugh this much. In my mind's eye, I'm imagining a dozen or so soapers pulling up lawn chairs in my front yard, sitting there all giggling and giddy and sipping on Margeritas as they all just sigh and watch in awe as the gardener does his thing, each and every one of them with a secret stash of avocado soaps in their pockets and purses hoping to lure him in. This brings a whole new dimension to the words soap p.o.r.n. :lol: :lol:

Back