I found a new TD no booger technique

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Maybe you all know this. But this a beginner forum so im gonna post what i found and used tonight since i been having issues with TD.

I put my TD and oils into a ziploc bag and squished it around and squeezed it. Get the air out. Almost looks like theres nothing in there when you squeeze it all the way flat. But then get it all down to the bottom and squeeze it all the way back up again. Look around for TD boogers and start mooshing it around again to get rid of them.

when you know you got em all out, smoosh all of the now smooth TD mixture to a corner... snip over a small bowl. Nice smooth TD

kinda therapeutic too lol

Do you have a photo of what you're describing here? My TD's never clumped up like this, I mix a teaspoon of TD with maybe a tablespoon of water and it quickly combines in a cup, looks kinda like a pure white mercury when I swish it around ahah

Do you have a photo of what you're describing here? My TD's never clumped up like this, I mix a teaspoon of TD with maybe a tablespoon of water and it quickly combines in a cup, looks kinda like a pure white mercury when I swish it around ahah
Mine always has powdery clumps in it.
Takes a heck of a lot of mixing to get them out.

I premix mine in a squeeze bottle with a few small ball bearings in. Shaken vigorously seems to remove all the clumps.

I premix my TD and distilled water with a mini whisk and then strain into a bottle about 2/3 full, then shake vigorously before I use it.

I use the water dispensable and a $5 milk frothed from Ikea seems to get all the clumps out of mine. Before I got that I had clumps all the time...

I have a little squirt bottle that I mix my distilled water and TD in, about 1 to 2 ratio. It mixes easily that way. I tried to mix it in a little cup but it was a PIA. Since I'm not making large batches yet and don't use much TD, I end up having to discard what I don't use because I worry about it going bad.

Back