I finally got blue😃

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So happy with the blue indigo finally working. Orange is orange peel with a little red clay because my red clay is more orange than red. Scented with orange peel, orange x5, wintergreen and peppermint.

Attachments

• 422BCCE5-048C-4D24-813B-C3359B050CEC.jpeg
    422BCCE5-048C-4D24-813B-C3359B050CEC.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 103
Beautiful Soap & love how pretty the indigo blue is...

Use caution w/ Wintergreen EO' can be toxic if is used above the recommended amount. If you search "Wintergreen EO theirs lots of post as of late...

@Wise owl🦉🤣

For about 2 cups soap I added 2 T boiling water to 1/2tsp indigo powder that I had on the warmer spot on the stove. The water did dry while I was preparing so I added approx 2 T sw almond oil.
I don’t think there’s worry about toxic wintergreen. I only had a 15 ml bottle of YL(ya, pretty expensive choice but it’s all I had😕) so used some peppermint also. It did thicken up quickly and got gloppy for an in the pot swirl(itps?) Doesn’t smell much at all sadly but still smells good😕. At least it’s pretty 😁

Last edited:
10 10 10.gif
Awesome! Keep up the good work!

For about 2 cups soap I added 2 T boiling water to 1/2tsp indigo powder that I had on the warmer spot on the stove. The water did dry while I was preparing so I added approx 2 T sw almond oil.
Thank You.gif
I can't help but wonder if
(1) it will fade during cure?
(2) if you can duplicate it? 🤔

Last edited:
Out of my year of soaping I’ve only had one batch not turn out. It was a salt soap that weirdly just turned to powder. I made bath salts out of some and will use some for snow in winter soaps😁. The others I thought were too soft just had to wait months to harden. Will never throw out a batch.

Looks very "beachy," is that what you were going for? Whatever you were going for, the soap looks just amazing, I'd buy it if I passed by right now even though I have tons!

Back