I Finally Did It!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjbarrick

Reaction score
I finally did it! I finally built up the courage to make CP soap. Its Olive, Coconut, and Grapeseed oils. Olive oil was the highest percentage so it took a while to trace. I am soooo excited and can't wait to see it when it's ready to cut! :)

Fun isn't it? You learn to be patient... maybe. I dunno. I can never wait to get it out of the mould and slice it. After that I'm ok to let it sit a while.

Fun isn't it? You learn to be patient... maybe. I dunno. I can never wait to get it out of the mould and slice it. After that I'm ok to let it sit a while.

It is fun. I have made a lot of MP, which I also really enjoy but I really like the fact that I know exactly what's in this soap. I'm not the most patient person but I know it will be much better once it's cured. :) I think if I would've put color in it, I would be going crazy wanting to take it out and cut it to see what the inside looks like lol.

Congrats on your first batch!! I too only did MP for about a year I've only been doing CP for about 2 months and I'm addicted and trust me this is just the beginning then from soaps you will end up making body butter, body scrub, etc. well at least I did :) make sure to post pics!

Congrats on your first batch!! I too only did MP for about a year I've only been doing CP for about 2 months and I'm addicted and trust me this is just the beginning then from soaps you will end up making body butter, body scrub, etc. well at least I did :) make sure to post pics!

I will most certainly posit pics! :) and I have already made so many other kinds of items. It is addicting. I remember looking at my husband and telling him I have a problem lol. I'm hooked :)

Welcome to the dark side....muhahaha! Congrats on your first batch. It is so much more fun than M&P. You actually cause a chemical reaction and make something. It still seems like magic to me! Post pics when you get a chance.

Welcome to the dark side....muhahaha! Congrats on your first batch. It is so much more fun than M&P. You actually cause a chemical reaction and make something. It still seems like magic to me! Post pics when you get a chance.

I still really enjoy M&P and so do my customers. And it really is like magic. It's hard to believe that you can take oils and lye, mix them together and get soap out of it. And I will definitely post pics. If I can get it out of the mould tonight, I'll post pics then :)

I just tried to cut a piece off and it's still kinda soft, still a little too soft. So I'm gonna wait until tomorrow night to see if it's a little harder. Hopefully it will be.

Back