I fell in love with soap via a saponification chart.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LynetteO

Reaction score
šŸ§¼āœØHello Everyone! šŸ§¼āœØ This isnā€™t my 1st post here but after reading Zany_in_CO ask another to please post here 1stā€¦ šŸ˜¬As my title suggests I fell in love with soap making when taking a soap coloring class with a friend. Prior to that I had been making soap with a group of women for a few years. We got together every late September, early October to make some soap for Christmas presents. Recipe was ā€œholy trinityā€ oils with a CO% that quite honestly proved to be too harsh for my skin. When the instructor handed out a packet & in said packet was a saponification chartšŸ’— my mind was blown. šŸ¤ÆšŸ’”That was ALL it took to get bitten by the soap bug. I think my 1st post was to thank Zany for the ZNSC recipe & my 1st thread was about my 1st batches of saponification chart science šŸ§¼. I did quickly realize that there were MANY calculators available on the internet so I always double checked my pen to paper math, but Jee whiz this is FUN & Iā€™ve only cried once (menopause stinks). Thank You @AliOop for talking me off the ledge šŸ˜‰.

So thatā€™s my story & hereā€™s link to my 1st thread of saponification chart soaps with pictures. Including an accidental ā€œsteak soapā€.
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/saponification-chart-experimentation-aka-science.84712/
Edited to include actual link. šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Back