i feel violated, need some advice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fladais

Reaction score
i checked my online bank statement and some thief stole my debit card info and purchased a monthly subscripton to rhapsody. so i called their customer service and spoke to a nice fella named joseph. he couldn't tell me who purchased this stuff because it was an unauthorized transaction and told me that my bank would have to investigate. i want to know who the stole my info. i am not a happy camper right now.

has anything like this happened to anyone here? if so, how long does it take for a bank to investigate? or about how long. and, if i can, i'm going to press charges against this thief and i hope the SOB goes to jail!! the subscription amount charged was 12.99. i hope it's worth jail time and a criminal record for the idiot.

this was done saturday and i've just noticed it. thank goodness i did. i'm going to the bank first thing in the morning and find out exactly what i can do about this. you have NO idea how angry i am right now. :evil:

if i have it and it's asked of me, i will give it. but don't steal from me. :evil:

[a very angry]
paula

Only 12.99? Not a too bright thief.

Call the 1-800 number for your bank,explain it to them,I'm sure they will take care of it,and watch for any transactions that seem questionable.

Do you have any kind of protection for your accounts? Overdraft?

Good luck.

Munky

I would speak w/ your local police dept. Don't phone them though, walk into the office & speak to someone. That was a really dumb thing for the thief to do, subscriptions are mailed out so they will have an address.

yeah, i agree...not bright at all.

i know the bank manager so i'm going to give her a visit just as soon as the doors open in the morning.

Tabitha said:
I would speak w/ your local police dept. Don't phone them though, walk into the office & speak to someone. That was a really dumb thing for the thief to do, subscriptions are mailed out so they will have an address.

rhapsody can't give me that person's personal info but the bank can get it from them. their rep checked my info against the info given by the thief and of course it doesn't match.

charges will be pressed at that time. trust me. :twisted:

Someone recently stole my debit card number and tried to purchase 200.00 dollars worth of itunes, 195.00 to some credit thing, and 100.00 to some other thing. I was really pissed off. The bank said it will take a week to resolve the issue and I would get a new debit card within that timeframe as well. You should know that every bank is different in terms of how they deal with this type of nonesense. My sister's bank told her that she knew about these purchases and didn't want to fix it. Eventually because she did her own investigating found out what happened and they had to correct the problem and refund her money.

Ive always said if this happened to me Id track whoever it is down....and be behind their curtains as they returned home...muahaha....

like an angry Samoan once told a friend....

" mon...youd be mo' betta off in a PO'lice station..."

I don't have a debit card, but my Mom had her # stolen a few years ago and the guy, or girl orders some fancy sausages and a lamb roast from a company in Chicago :roll: :x ............if I had that bent (to steal cc #'s, meat would not be my first choice of things to get............ :shock: )

We have Bank of America, and they issued another number right away, and I don't know what happened to the thief, but they did find out the address, so maybe the sausage craving was their undoing!! :p

About 10 years ago, someone stole my Dad's identity and bought an SUV. The prob was resolved, or so we thought, but about 3 years later, he got a summons from Philadelphia for unpaid parking tickets on that same SUV. It was an absolute battle getting that worked out, all the worse as he had never even BEEN to Philly. Had to go through the Phil. DOT, and a bunch of other agencies over several months, but we finally prooved that it was NOT my Dad who got all those parking tickets (over $600 worth, as I recall). :shock:

I heard that identity theft is getting bigger all the time, so it may be a good idea if you are getting a new bank to check on their policy where that is concerned, although I cannot understand that one bank who made the victim proove that she wasn't aware of the fraudulent activity. I hope she told that bank a hearty GOODBYE as soon as she could!!!!

Della :D

I recently had someone intercept my ATM card and ended up withdrawing $3,000 in Bankok. I reported it to my bank and they conducted an investigation. Within 2 weeks the bank had given me back the entire amount. I was sick with worry that they had breached my bank account information but was assured that it was only the ATM card.

Sorry this happened to you but I'm sure it will be sorted out shortly.

Joanne

This is all so terrible. I hope everyone gets it worked out.

I did read about a lawyer who had a receptionist steal a credit card solicitation, get a card in the lawyer's name, quit job and maxed the card out. The lawyer was still having a hard time getting it straightened out after 2 years!!

Yep, I can not tolerate a thief. :twisted: Sometimes, maybe corporal punishment is not such a bad idea.

Digit

File a police report - pronto! Go in or have them come out. Do not do it over the phone. It will do you a world of good when the time comes, believe me.

Oh yeah and contact the credit unions and place a fraud alert on identity. I did that immediately. This will also stop the banks from sending you credit card applications for 3 months (i think). It's free and you can do it as many times as you need to.

the dispute department at compass is faxing over some paperwork to my local branch, either today or tomorrow, for me to fill out and fax back to them. after that, i was told that within 5-7 business days the investigator should have the person's name and all that stole my money and at that time i can press charges. i'm feeling sooooo much better this morning. my debit card has been cancelled and a new one has been ordered.

digit said:

I did read about a lawyer who had a receptionist steal a credit card solicitation, get a card in the lawyer's name, quit job and maxed the card out. The lawyer was still having a hard time getting it straightened out after 2 years!!

Yep, I can not tolerate a thief. :twisted: Sometimes, maybe corporal punishment is not such a bad idea.

Digit

yup and youll know if anyone ever robbed me because ill be walking around with his hand on a necklace (hammurabi style muahahah)

IanT said:
digit said:

Digit

yup and youll know if anyone ever robbed me because ill be walking around with his hand on a necklace (hammurabi style muahahah)

LMAO

Back