I did my 2nd CP successfully just wanna say "Thank you&

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NameThatCandy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just want to say "thank you" to all of you. Coz my 1st CP was failure. My batch wasn't even trace. With all your help, I design my own recipe this time and use stick blender.

My batch started to trace in 2 mins, then get in medium (like instant pudding, maybe a little thicker than that) in 10 mins. I was so happy to see my soap trace. :D

Now my soap is in the oven, I set to 170F for an hour and half. I want to know how long I should keep it in the oven after I turn off the oven.

Thanks again

Re: I did my 2nd CP successfully just wanna say "Thank

NameThatCandy said:
Hi there,

I just want to say "thank you" to all of you. Coz my 1st CP was failure. My batch wasn't even trace. With all your help, I design my own recipe this time and use stick blender.

My batch started to trace in 2 mins, then get in medium (like instant pudding, maybe a little thicker than that) in 10 mins. I was so happy to see my soap trace. :D

Now my soap is in the oven, I set to 170F for an hour and half. I want to know how long I should keep it in the oven after I turn off the oven.

Thanks again

I turn my oven off as soon as I put my mold in there and leave it sit in there over night to cool down.

Ok, I will leave it in the oven until I get off from work tomorrow afternoon. Will it be too long?

thanks CP and Smellitlikeitis.

NameThatCandy said:
Ok, I will leave it in the oven until I get off from work tomorrow afternoon. Will it be too long?

Nope, it will be fine. I hardly ever need to CPHOP my soap, but I preheat to 170 degrees put the soap in, turn off the oven and leave it until it cools in the oven, which may take 12 hours or so. Let it do it's thing, then come home to your wonderful soap!

Paul :wink:

NameThatCandy said:

Do not forget to turn the oven off. I always worry I will foget to turn the oven off. That is one of the reasons I turn the oven off as soon as I put my mold in there.

I set the timer, so I wouldn't forget to turn off the oven.

Now the soap is sitting in the oven. They look pretty!! hahaha....

Isn't it hard to not peek??? I still to this day have to peek at every batch I make. I just can not resist. :roll:

What is the reason you all put the soap in the oven for? Is it to kinda give it a kick start.
I am assuming that it's in a wooden mold when you're doing this.

Isn't it hard to not peek??? I still to this day have to peek at every batch I make. I just can not resist.

Yes, I peek every few hours. I can't wait to cut it.

Congrats on your batch--there's nothing like that first success story!

Thank you. I was so excited when the soap started to trace.

PhillipJ said:
What is the reason you all put the soap in the oven for? Is it to kinda give it a kick start.
I am assuming that it's in a wooden mold when you're doing this.

Yes the heat from the oven helps your soap gel and may cut down on cure time. It does not have to be a wood mold just one that is safe to use in the oven. You only put your oven on warm which for most ovens is about 170 so it is not hot enough to melt most of the hard plastic molds. Some mold makers will not guarantee their mold if used in the oven but the mold will do ok in the oven.

Cut the soap this morning before I went to work. It looks good, it is ivory white. And it has a slight cocoa butter smell. I am very proud of myself!! hahaha...

I can't wait to try another batch tomorrow.

Sort of a dumb question - but I dont really care - LOL - do you leave the lid on the mould (wooden mold) - while its in the oven? Or can it be off? I have made a make shift wooden mould for now until I get my TOG moulds and I am rearing to go! I think I am going to make a batch tonight...

Cheers! Rachelle (roro)

Without the lid or any kind of cover, you might get ash. Ash does not hurt. It only affects the look of the soap but some do not like it. I think that it makes a soap look really neat and can enhance the look.

Roro, they're heading your way tomorrow! :wink: I hope you love it and, please, let us see the pictures of your beautiful creations in my (your)mold. :) Oh, if you feel for some reason you need to CPOP in my slab molds, the mold is OK, but don't put the top on it in the oven, as it is counterproductive in that it does not need the lid. You should not need to CPOP to get gel, at the most, after putting on the tight fitting wood lid, throw a few old towels over it and let it sleep without peeking for at least 4 to 6 hours. :)

Paul... :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
Roro, they're heading your way tomorrow! :wink: I hope you love it and, please, let us see the pictures of your beautiful creations in my (your)mold. :) Oh, if you feel for some reason you need to CPOP in my slab molds, the mold is OK, but don't put the top on it in the oven, as it is counterproductive in that it does not need the lid. You should not need to CPOP to get gel, at the most, after putting on the tight fitting wood lid, throw a few old towels over it and let it sleep without peeking for at least 4 to 6 hours. :)

Paul... :wink:

I find that if I put my molds in the oven with a lid regardless of my mold I use, I will get ash which is not necessarily a bad thing. If I use a lid or cover it, I won't get ash. Sometimes I don't mind the look of the ash but sometimes it does take away from the look especially if I have used colors and done a swirl. In my slab mold, I don't mind the ash if I am making salt bars so I will leave it uncovered.

Back