I did it! My first successful body scrub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frances

Reaction score
Thanks to all that posted on my question about body scrubs. Last weekend, I had some time, so I created my own recipe for a salt scrub (after MUCH research), and it came out LOVELY! But the great part is that in the process, I created a GREAT butter! They are both water free, and I used liquidpar oil as a preservative. I haven't yet gotten the scent the way I wanted, but you all got me looking at fragrance oils, and I have joined the rank of FO Hoes! Now to refine my recipe. Any suggestions on making the scent stronger and longer lasting on the skin? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I tried a salt scrub recipe and it drove my skin nuts! Then I also tried making a body soap scrub liquid. Although it looks great! Smells great! Made my skin cry! Anyway I'm happy for you that your recipe turned out great! The joys of making something from scratch! I can't say to add more fragrance but if its something that is going to be washed off then you can add a little more. For items staying on skin like lotion i would add only the reccommended amount as stated by the company you purchased your fragrances from. I would love to see a picture if you have one!

So I just made my very first ever sugar scrub! Very basic very boring but I made some test ounces for my friends and family to try and I'm very excited! I added some jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, brown sugar, germaben II and vitamin e. That was so amazing and one hour later my hands still feel soft and brand new.

Frances,
Sounds great!
I haven't done scrubs yet but want to!
Care to share your findings?
Jeff

sure from nature with love has lots of recipes for sugars and salts.

Back