I did it! Made my first batch!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgogoddess

Reaction score
So I’ve been reading, collecting materials and watching utube videos for months and I mean 6 months. I finally made my first batch today! Here’s what happened.... I made my soap calculations wrong. 😭 I made the batch for my mold and it gave me a huge amount, duh. I knew this but I forgot I guess. Secondly, it was a lot harder to blend in pigments/mica. We’ll see how it turns out tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 25
Great job! If you are like I was, you are now saying, that wasn't that hard and now you are already making the next batch in your head. Did you put it through a gel phase? As far as your batch size goes, did you base it on the description that the molds site gave you? If so, they are giving you a volume number and you need a weight number. Just take each dimension and plug them into this formula,
height X Width X depth X 0.40 = batch weight.

Can you elaborate on the pigment blending problem you had. We might be able to help you with it.

Got me some adorable super cheap individual molds from Aliexpress.com just for the extras! I like having a bit too much just for those cute little molds. Sometimes I even make them a tad bit bigger! Hee hee hee! Rather have a bit too much than not enough.

Latest posts

Back