I couldn't wait!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
I'm so used to gelled soaps, and being able to unmold the next day. But after not making any soap for several months, I couldn't wait to unmold just one of the individual bars of bastile I made yesterday. Especially because it was also a new mold that I hadn't used either. So I carefully pulled the sides of the mold away, and they released, so I turned it over, and gave just a little push and "thunk", it dropped out. I was so happy that I hadn't ruined. it. I love this mold! I will patiently wait at least a couple of days to unmold the rest of them, since the Hello Kitty ones are meant as a gift, and I really don't want to take a chance with those. Ahh....it feels good to be soaping again.

bastile.jpg

Beautiful definition, and so creamy looking! :clap:

IrishLass :)

Thanks I.L., the mold has some really nice details. The soap is a buttermilk bastile, no fragrance or color, made for my girlfriend's first grand-daughter to be. And a few for me! I'm really amazed I got it out of the mold in one piece.

I made a discovery this morning, when wanting to get the remaining soaps out of the mold overcame my better judgement, and I tried to unmold one of the soaps from the thinner silicone molds that I have. Squish! What a mess. At first, I was thinking that there was some difference in the hardness of the soaps from the thicker molds to the thinner ones. Below are examples of both types. But I discovered that it's just that it's possible to unmold the ungelled soaps from the thicker molds without having to push on the mold at all. But with the thinner ones, you need to get your thumbs in there and really push, and the result is squished soap. And this is why people (like me), who like instant gratification, like to gel our soaps!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...ld-cake-tools-Bakeware-Pastry/1167558251.html

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V57GQA0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
So beautiful! Reminds me of the cornice rosettes in some of the southern mansions.

Exactly! I saw it on Pinterest and fell in love with it, but couldn't find it anywhere until Fata Morgana located it for me on Aliexpress. Tip on Aliexpress......if you put something on your wishlist and leave it there for a while, the price will usually drop, sometimes just a bit, sometimes a bit more, so if you don't need it right away, it might be worth it to wait.

That is so pretty. You must post a pic of the hello kitty soap when you unmold them. Pretty please :grin:

Back