I couldn't take it (Nerd-Friendly)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Kenny and Royalty Soaps. I use Katie's recipe for my soaps currently but I'm not a fan of soaps that have so much "icing" piled on top. It just looks like it'd be awkward to actually use the bar in that shape. Their videos are still so much fun to watch and they make some amazing looking stuff.

I love Kenny and Royalty Soaps. I use Katie's recipe for my soaps currently but I'm not a fan of soaps that have so much "icing" piled on top. It just looks like it'd be awkward to actually use the bar in that shape. Their videos are still so much fun to watch and they make some amazing looking stuff.

I've watched a few of their videos and they're fun to watch. But I always wonder if the people who purchase their soaps actually use them or are they for display?

I find them all rather entertaining. I've followed Katie for quite a few years now. I don't get the high top soaps. Not to mention I don't want stuff floating in my tub.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this, I never watched their videos before. I love his personality, so kind, odd, and funny. Amazing layer skillz.

@Millie They are a funny bunch indeed and they resonate close to how I am as well as the nerds I get along with swimmingly well. I do tend to love their soap videos but due to funds, I've never tried their soaps. I could just use Katie's recipe but I tend not to like palm too much. Do check out their videos when you get a chance (especially their recent sushi video). They won't disappoint.

Royalty soaps was one of the youtubers who inspired me to try making soap. I did purchase two bars and I found it was slimy for me. Others may love it but I didn't like it. I still like watching them and their positivity and creativity still inspires me.

I've been watching Katie basically since she started soaping/making videos. Lately I find though I have to really be in the mood for them, they've gotten more and more over the top in the last year or 2.
I personally don't like the recipe she uses, but most (not all) of her soaps are beautiful.

I always wonder if the people who purchase their soaps actually use them or are they for display?
I make fun bright soaps too, and I will get the "too pretty to use" comment, but what I tell them, is "buy 2 - 1 for display, 1 to use, then when the one for use is gone, use the display then come back for more" It is amazing how well that works, and more often than not, I get a sale. My soaps are not near as pricey as Royalty Soaps bars though.

I watched this video the other day with my boys and we were all laughing. It was a bit hilarious when Kenny started panicking. I know I've felt that way before!

They both do some super fun stuff, and I love her back story (anyone know how her little sister is doing? she was quite ill). I think her soaps look great as loaves, but you lose all the charm of the icing once it's cut; just looks weird to me then. I would love to know what she's worth....pretty sure she makes just a fraction of her income from soap and the rest is from YouTube....

I actually don't care for the videos, or rather the narration. I will watch them on "mute" and if there is something I don't understand or don't recognize an ingredient, I'll turn the sound on for a couple seconds. But I can't watch one the whole way through with sound.

They both do some super fun stuff, and I love her back story (anyone know how her little sister is doing? she was quite ill). I think her soaps look great as loaves, but you lose all the charm of the icing once it's cut; just looks weird to me then. I would love to know what she's worth....pretty sure she makes just a fraction of her income from soap and the rest is from YouTube....
Her soap sells for $12.00 a bar, pretty sure she does okay on it.

There are two that got me really interested one is Arianne from Le Fille de la Mer(sp?) She inspired me first then I got in a funk and stopped watching her so much then about a year later I stumbled on Katie's page. I was so inspired, she is wonderful! Her and her brother crack me up! I randomly say every so often "scrappy scrappy my big containy" my oldest looks at me like I'm crazy and my little one cracks up. They even entertain my 4.5 yr old. When he watches at the end if he likes the soap he's like, "I want you to make that mama"
I do use her recipe I have had no issues with it except when I add things that might accelerate or rice or what have you.

Her soap sells for $12.00 a bar, pretty sure she does okay on it.
Oh she sure does. I'm just saying I think she makes close to half a million/year on YouTube. A former member did some math around it (hndjim? sp?). PT Barnum would be proud!

Latest posts

Back