I could use a little help with my CP-soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But soap making is soooo much fuuuuun! I can't stop!

I've actually tried a few, but not as much as needed. I need to get another hobby. Maybe i'll start knitting. Give it a month and i've made 42 sweaters and 12 pairs of socks.

YouTube University is out there with lovely tutorials on all kinds of hobbies!

Crocheting is much easier than knitting for me. And you can make so many soap related products- washcloths and soap savers make excellent newbie projects!

Or loom knitting! It is fun, fast, and easy!

And have you thought about painting?.....

YouTube University is out there with lovely tutorials on all kinds of hobbies!

Crocheting is much easier than knitting for me. And you can make so many soap related products- washcloths and soap savers make excellent newbie projects!

Or loom knitting! It is fun, fast, and easy!

And have you thought about painting?.....

I do actually knit from time to time. It's been a while now, though. Knee-high socks made with really thin yarn is an excellent way of combatting restlessness. It takes forever.

I cannot seem to figure out crocheting though. I've tried and tried, but i'm just too stupid.

I've never before heard of loom knitting, i'll be sure to look it up.

Yup. I've been painting too. Ceramics and on paper/canvas. I have had alot of hobbies.

Most of the time i find something interesting, then i devote my life to it for a short while. I eat, breathe and live my hobby.
That's until i feel like i've figured it out and tried the interesting stuff... then i get bored and unfulfilled.

That's what i love so much about soaping. Even though i've learned a whole lot of things about colorants, additives, ingredients etc etc i still feel like if i keep up my experiments at this pace i might have "figured it out" in about 5-10 years or so. (I actually have a note book filled with ideas for upcoming experiments, just working through this would take me a couple of years.)

I want to know every reaction, every cause of the reaction, every combination, every... everything!

This won't ever happen.

But yes.

Now i'll google loom knitting! Thank you for the idea!

Yeah , the milk cartons could be messing with the sides of your soap. Some are coated with wax, which shouldn't be a problem, but some are coated in a type of paint. Might be reacting with the lye.

Glycerin rivers/spots are supposedly caused more by high water percentages, more so than by heat.

Good job on the notes, It's really what will help you out more than anything. You can re make the exact batch in a different mold and see the differing results.

I'm sorry, but i seem to have missed your post.

I actually thought at first that i might have failed to clean the carton properly. That the spots on the cheesy-soap were actually milk proteins. I don't think it's the wax or any kind of paint, because i've been using the same kind of milk cartons after that. There were no such reactions when i cut it open and used it as a horizontal mold.

You're an endless source of help and i'm so very grateful! I hope i will be able to offer something back some day in the future :)

I'm sorry, but i seem to have missed your post.

I actually thought at first that i might have failed to clean the carton properly. That the spots on the cheesy-soap were actually milk proteins. I don't think it's the wax or any kind of paint, because i've been using the same kind of milk cartons after that. There were no such reactions when i cut it open and used it as a horizontal mold.

You're an endless source of help and i'm so very grateful! I hope i will be able to offer something back some day in the future :)

You are more than welcome.

I bet as you move along with your soaping, the results are going to get better everytime. You're doing good, keep it up.

Latest posts

Back