I cant decide...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badger

Reaction score
if I like this or not. This is my personal challenge soap for the Elemental Swirl Challenge from Great Cakes Soapworks. I am late again, but I wanted to do the challenge to challenge myself. I had been stewing over the idea of this one since I saw the video and wanted to do something that was meaningful to me, but the inspiration wasn't coming. I thought of several different takes on elements and none of them seemed right to me.

Then I was looking at another picture that had nothing to do with the elemental swirl or what came to mind and it hit me... so, long story short, I chose to do my interpretation of Heart and Soul. The top part is heart and I wanted to have two different shades of red plus the base color. The reds sort of blended together and you can't really distinguish them right now, but the mica might change some in time. It was important to me to do sets of three because threes are important in my belief system (Triple aspect goddess and union of body, mind and spirit).

So anyways, the reds represent heart and I wanted a literal and figurative representation with the feeling of blood in veins and life force as well as the emotional connection of the heart. The representation for soul I took more as the aspect of spirit (which I see as an element, hence the connection in the swirl), and wanted a sort of ethereal, ghostly feel. For that I used the grey, black and white.

The pencil line (my first) was done in cinnamon. Please let me know if you can decide if you like it or not :)

Well I certainly like it! You have out a lot of thought into this one. The elements of the design are meaningful in your spiritual belief system, and that is what counts. Ease up a little bit and enjoy it for what it is. It's lovely.

I think it's beautiful! I looked at the picture before I read what you wrote (because frankly, I'm lazy and like pictures better than words) So I liked it before I knew what it meant, and I liked it more after I knew :) Great job Badger!

Badger, I'm gonna virtually whap you upside the head with my stick blender because it's not fair that you are the only one who gets to beat you up! :razz: This looks fantastic! Your friends and family will be so lucky to receive these as gifts!

Thank you so much for all the compliments. I am glad that other people like it, I guess I am my own worse critic.

I'm feeling your idea. That is a wonderful batch of Soulful Soap!
Cheers Badger!

I really like it badger! We are always our worse critics. We expect absolute perfection on ourselves.

Back