I am standing up and admitting ...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a refrigerator full of FOs, and EOs. I have a different refrigerator full of oils. I have shelves of micas, clays, rice flour, arrowroot, baking soda, DE, deodorant tubes, powder boxes...and more yarn than many yarn shops. I also have a pound or more of wool to spin. I’m a hopeless addict. Sorry, I’m not sorry at all.

I am a remorseful FOHO!
I have so many FOs I find I’m so disappointed in!
I haven’t been pleased with fragrances I tried from nurture- they seem to have all faded in cp
And I have a boatload from WSP that haven’t stuck very well either
Is there a supplier out there that just doesn’t carry any duds? One who’s Every FO kicks butt?! [emoji23]

@cmzaha uhhhhh that sounds incredible

I am a remorseful FOHO!
I haven’t been pleased with fragrances I tried from nurture- they seem to have all faded in cp
Is there a supplier out there that just doesn’t carry any duds? One who’s Every FO kicks butt?!

Unfortunately, no. I don't know which FOs you tried from Nurture, but I've had pretty good luck there. Bramble Berry and WSP as well. You might try Fragrance Buddy - I haven't tried too many of them, but have found that the ones I have tried stick. I also like Sweet Cakes, but you have to email them to get the IFRA usage amounts which is inconvenient. The one supplier I haven't had good luck with is Nature's Garden. I tried probably a dozen samples and all but one or two were so weak OOB I didn't even try to use most of them. Other people seem to have great luck with NG though, so I just must have picked duds. It helps to read reviews on the websites and also here in the Fragrance Oil section. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MFTWfchk-c7sNswuh-yaTdRf1M/edit#gid=778656389

Okay fellow FO Ho's. Who else is liking Santa Farts? Anyone smell popcorn? AND COOKIES, LOLOL

I have to point out that this stash of mine is only from January of this year. I tossed out the old fo's from years ago and had to buy all new.. I am sure I will be up there with you Big girls by this time next year if I keep this up

As you can see these all are from NG. Mainly due to their prices.
BUT I have to say that you should give them a try even if it smells weak OOB. I got the Orange Cranberry, only 1% usage - my bad for not seeing that when I bought it. Barely a scent OOB. but MAN ALIVE it is strong after a month cure ! I am SO glad I tried it in a mix of other FO's and alone.

I only have 3 bars of Cracklin Birch left so I better get soaping today on that. It really is selling very well, both Men & Women.

Unfortunately, no. I don't know which FOs you tried from Nurture, but I've had pretty good luck there. Bramble Berry and WSP as well. You might try Fragrance Buddy - I haven't tried too many of them, but have found that the ones I have tried stick. I also like Sweet Cakes, but you have to email them to get the IFRA usage amounts which is inconvenient. The one supplier I haven't had good luck with is Nature's Garden. I tried probably a dozen samples and all but one or two were so weak OOB I didn't even try to use most of them. Other people seem to have great luck with NG though, so I just must have picked duds. It helps to read reviews on the websites and also here in the Fragrance Oil section. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MFTWfchk-c7sNswuh-yaTdRf1M/edit#gid=778656389

Thank you dibbles! I was apparently throwing a bit of a tantrum [emoji23] I went back and reassessed my old soaps and it’s not as bad as I made it out to be, just a cranky old broad that needed some sleep haha!
Appreciate the info- that’s really helpful [emoji5]

I am a FO Ho ....I have a whole shelf of FOs and I still want more. Umm, the entire Fragrance Formulator sample set at WSP is 50% right now, and I'm actually considering it. I have several of the individual scents that I haven't used yet....but, but....so many FOs that can be mixed! At 50% off! Help...

I'm considering that one too, but I really ought not. At least not this time around. For one thing I don't have the space for it and for another I need to cool my spending jets for the month!

I'm considering that one too, but I really ought not. At least not this time around. For one thing I don't have the space for it and for another I need to cool my spending jets for the month!
I know, I feel the same way, but my birthday is next month & my husband said he would consider it my gift. Lol, but now I'm second guessing myself...But, it works out to $1.22 per oz of FO since there's no shipping....ugh. Decisions, decisions...

....admitting that I am an FO HO !!!

I just tallied up what I have spent on FO's so far.

All I have to say is that I am glad that I am single and answer to no one .... or I would be divorced a 3rd time

:lol:

Come on , You know You Want to admit it too ....

Who here is with me ?

I'm up to 6 spice racks now - and the majority of mine are 1 - 2 oz, with a few 4 - 8 oz. Only 2 shelves currently reserved for mica and glitter. I also have a bag and a box that won't fit. Can't wait to see what this looks like when volume picks up.

Me! Pick Me! I've put myself on an FO ban until I use up some of my stash. Most of mine are 1-2 oz bottles, although I do have some 4oz and 8oz bottles. Only a couple 16oz bottles of fragrances that I make a lot of. Mostly Crafter's Choice (I got sucked into WSP and just now starting to shake it off), and about 15 sample sizes from BCN. I started looking at Nature's Garden, but got overwhelmed. I'll give them a try again when I have my FO's back under 100...

I could never be on the "Ban" list, but I bet the hubby would like me to be :rolleyes:. I only have a craft case filled with 1-2 oz samples my cabinets are filled with 1-2 lb bottles and the racks hold the 5-25 lb totes. As a side note, all fragrances are purchased with my sales money. The only time I really purchase sample bottles is to test fo's from California Candle Supply. Since he is a candle supplier some of his fragrances do not play nice, although most are now being formulated as Body Safe, they are no optimized for cp soap. Some such as his Volcano work fantastically in cp and hold.

I am a remorseful FOHO!
Is there a supplier out there that just doesn’t carry any duds? One who’s Every FO kicks butt?! [emoji23]

@cmzaha uhhhhh that sounds incredible

I also had a lot of bad luck with many of Nurture's fo's. Over the past couple years I bought several (23), many Lush dupes. Most of them faded terribly and I went back to post reviews of them - only find that Lush had discontinued a lot of them. The thing is - when it came to the Lush dupes - nobody liked them, nobody, and couldn't get people to take them away. They got donated and I'm not sure they were happy to have them.

Now I only order from the Nurture's best selling list, but only the more classic (recognizeable) scents like Awaken, BRV, rosemary mint, Fresh Cut Roses, and am very happy with them. Although I do have a nearly full 16 bottle of Satsuma left that I won't soap; big fader for me.

As for WSP; I haven't been wow'ed by any of their fo's and there's only a handful I need to order from them. Generally I'm satisfied with what I've tried.

NG; mixed results. But then their inventory is massive! What few I've ordered from them isn't a fair sample at all.

Latest posts

Back