I am so sad and mad at the time.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunRiseArts

Reaction score
My husband and I are going through financial hardship, but we made a huge sacrifice and bought a nice vehicle for our youngest son who started college, and a new job.

A storm just came though our town. It had baseball size hail. When we look through the window, there was so much hail, it looked like it was snowing, and his vehicle was parked outside, as we have no more garage space.

The car looks like is being through battle. My son is devastated. :(

Oh for crying out loud! All I can say is, he's now free of the "fear of the first scratch (or dent)", though... right? :cool:

That is so upsetting to get a decent car and then have Mother Nature attack. :(

Hail can do so much damage. In 2009 we rode the Harley to Sturgis and they had severe hail storms that year. There was actually a person killed and the damage to bikes, vehicles, motorhomes, etc was unbelievable. Fortunately we were not camping out but we did in our fair share of hail.

I’m so sorry. What a disheartening thing to happen after you so proudly sacrificed for this gift. Is it bad enough that insurance will do anything?

Thank you all. Meena, baseball size hail. I will post a picture tomorrow of one that went through a plastic chair in our backyard.... I have a swing that the top on it is in shreds. Thankfully our house is ok.

It was terrifying hearing it against the roof and windows, and we have been through tornadoes!

The insurance should cover it, but we have a deductible, and at the moment we are going paycheck to paycheck. My husband estimates 2500 + in damage.

Neighbor in front, the branches of his trees are on the yard, and had another neighbor that the hail went through the roof. These houses are 15+ years old,. Thankfully we changed our rood a couple of years ago. We will not know for sure if there is more damage until the morning.

its amazing that your house is ok. you should still have it looked at--I know I had some hail damage one year and when the adjuster came out he saw a lot more damage than I was seeing cuz he knew what to look for. and if you don't get it now and you have some later on they can tell if its old damage or not and might not pay

That's a real shame about your son's car!

I live in the DFW area where hail is a yearly problem. I found out from friends that you need to have a roofing company (professional, licensed and bonded, not the people that come knock on your door after a storm) assess your roof. They will take pics of what they see so you have proof to show the insurance company. This needs to be done sooner rather than later as the insurance company will indeed try to wiggle out if you wait.

:( bummer

When I was living just south of Dallas That was a Huge fear (besides the tornado that almost touched down in our back yard that year) !
1st storm I ran out with Carpet padding and 2 comforters to cover my big pick up that wouldn't fit in the garage. Lucked out and Nothing dented !

I feel your pain. My car was hail damaged a number of years ago and although it was covered by insurance it was still a pain because it took nearly 4 weeks to be repaired and I was without a car for that time. :(

20170406_172326_1491937270351.jpg Thank you justkacqui! I an on it.

Here is the chair (is old and yuck) that the piece of ice went through.

I hope the insurance on the car can help. And do check your roof.

View attachment 37794 Thank you justkacqui! I an on it.

Here is the chair (is old and yuck) that the piece of ice went through.

Bizarrely, it looks like it cut a perfect heart out of your chair.

It is so frustrating and heartbreaking to buy something nice and then have something freaky like that happen to it. Something similar happened to my son about a year or so ago not too long after he bought his first ever brand new vehicle, when we had one of those freak sudden microbursts smack down over our house. It completely tore a section of shingles off our roof and sent them hurtling at his truck, which was parked in our driveway. He had to get his windshield replaced and some dings fixed and re-painted, and we had to get our house re-roofed. Thankfully, no one got hurt bodily.

IrishLass :)

Back