I am new at this

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matulp

Reaction score
How big a crock pot is needed to hot process soap? And to keep the soap pourable must it be kept really hot? Help☺ matulp

How big a crock pot is needed to hot process soap? And to keep the soap pourable must it be kept really hot? Help☺ matulp
It depends on how big your batch is. For 2 lb batches a 4 qt. slow cooker will do. For bigger batches, you may want to invest in a 6-7 qt. model.

A lot of the soaps I want to try are 2.75 lbs, will a 4 qt. Work? Sorry, I am really a newbie. Matulp

Welcome to the forum, Matulp.
A lot of the soaps I want to try are 2.75 lbs, will a 4 qt. Work? Sorry, I am really a newbie. Matulp

It is better to reduce the size of the batch, using a lye/soap calculator and make smaller batches when starting out. The lye calculator will ensure no mistakes happen from the reduction (math errors, etc) and by making smaller batches, you risk less if something else goes wrong or you end up not liking the soap at all.

Back