I’m trying cocoa butter today

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everybody, I hope everyone is healthy. Whew boy, these past few months have been difficult. I’m soaping, knitting and bread baking myself silly. I knitted up some wonderful face cloths in Pima cotton to gift along with a bar of soap. I want to try a new recipe today. I have yet to use cocoa butter and want to give it a go. This is the recipe. Opinions wanted. Thank you!

Attachments

• 3EE7807B-1031-4AEA-9684-DD2364AB1F12.png
    3EE7807B-1031-4AEA-9684-DD2364AB1F12.png
    407 KB · Views: 30
  • 936633D6-5A1D-4D0E-9CCB-E5848FBF5352.jpeg
    936633D6-5A1D-4D0E-9CCB-E5848FBF5352.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 26
Hello Everybody, I hope everyone is healthy. Whew boy, these past few months have been difficult. I’m soaping, knitting and bread baking myself silly. I knitted up some wonderful face cloths in Pima cotton to gift along with a bar of soap. I want to try a new recipe today. I have yet to use cocoa butter and want to give it a go. This is the recipe. Opinions wanted. Thank you!
I just saw a recipe by lsg that I may try instead of this one.

Do you always use CO at that percentage? Most people don't go over 20%. Maybe add the additional 10% to your OO.
Also your lye concentration is fairly low at 27% - maybe change that to around 33%.
I would also consider increasing your Cocoa Butter to 15% to improve that longevity of your soap.
Thank you. I scrapped this recipe and used one I found while searching here. I’ll definitely take your advice for my next batch. I never, ever touch the lye concentration. I’ve only been soaping 1 1/2 years. I concentrate so much on oils that I never gave the lye concentration a single thought. Thanks again.

Thank you. I scrapped this recipe and used one I found while searching here. I’ll definitely take your advice for my next batch. I never, ever touch the lye concentration. I’ve only been soaping 1 1/2 years. I concentrate so much on oils that I never gave the lye concentration a single thought. Thanks again.
Well - you probably know your animal by now then. :)

Latest posts

Back