Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
@SPowers sorry it took me a bit, but here is the recipe you requested. This is a wonderful serum to use after cleansing and toning, and before moisturizing. I have another version that uses Vitamin C and ferulic acid, but honestly don't notice any difference from this one.

I apologize that the measurements are by volume, not by weight. To convert it, I need a jeweler's scale, which I don't have (yet). ;)

Basic Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Ingredients

1/4 cup aloe vera juice or gel (distilled water also works)
1/2 teaspoon powdered hyaluronic acid
1/4 teaspoon Leucidal or other liquid preservative

Directions:
Place powder in a small clean jar.
Add all additional ingredients.
Place a lid on the jar and shake well; it will look very chunky and stringy.
Place in the fridge for several hours; it will thicken and become smoother.
Whisk by hand or with a mini-frother.

Storage and Use
Store in a dark glass bottle with a mini-pump dispenser top.
Cleanse face as normal, and follow with toner.
While skin is still barely damp, dispense one small dot.
Tap it on around the lower eyelids and the crows' feet.
Dispense a larger dot or two, and gently massage onto decolletage, neck, and face.
Allow to dry, and follow with moisturizer.

ETA: Even if there is a preservative in the aloe vera gel you are using, I strongly recommend adding a preservative. My very first batch with no preservative browned quickly despite being kept in a cool, dark place.

Last edited:
You are welcome! This one is so easy and works so well. Some folks prefer a more broad spectrum preservative than Leucidal so use what you believe is best for that.

FWIW, I couldn't remember where I found the original recipe. While looking for something else on LotionCrafter last night, I found it there. They use distilled water, but my skin likes AVG so that's what I use instead.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back