Husband talking Soaper language

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My dear heart came home from work to eat lunch with me today and was talking about me needing to get busy and make another batch of Fisherman's/Hunter's soap and he would like me to make some Mechanic's Soap with a zesty smelling essential oil.

My response to him was, "Look at you talking like a soaper". He smiled at me as he was heading out the door.

Tickled me and made me laugh. Just had to share a smiling moment.

Any suggestions on a zesty smelling essential oil........

Tea tree, lemongrass, maybe a touch of peppermint.

Unfortunately citrus EO's like orange don't tend to stick well. You can try a x10 or x15 fold orange EO, but it needs something to anchor it - like some patchouli.

When I think of 'zesty', I think of orange and lemon. Maybe a mix of those 2? Or a mix of orange and litsea cubeba?

IrishLass :)

My brother fell in love with the smell of limes with cloves in them. Its said to help keep the bugs away and we had them out this independence day. I made him a soap to mimic that scent with lime EO, bergamot EO and a touch of clove. Thats a pretty zesty smell. Be careful not to go high with the clove. I only did 0.3% but, I would go with 0.5% next time and less bergamot. I would go heavier on the lime. Probably a 5:1:1 lime:bergamot:clove.

That sounds like it was a very nice conversation!

Rosemary and peppermint (2:1) is pretty zesty

So is a Fir / Eucalyptus / Rosemary / mint mix

Latest posts

Back