Husband for sale!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fendigirl

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well.
I made a beautiful swirled cp soap ( well, in my amateur eyes it was perfect)
Used the last of my micas and essential oils. I used a freezer paper lined cardboard box, insulated It with two towels and put it on my dryer in the laundry room to cure.
After about 6 hrs of curing time, my husband came out of the laundry. Don’t know why he was in there, it certainly wasn’t to do the wash!!!
He said to me “ You better check your soap, hope I didn’t ruin it
Apparently, he was reaching for something high up in the cupboard with one hand
and used the other hand to balance himself smack dab on my soap!
It swished out of the box onto the towel, flat in the center and the colours were all mixed together. Total mess.😫😫😫😫
Didn’t rematch ( haven’t ever done that )
From now on I’ll use a locked closet to cure the soap
Opening bid : $5

Did he make a clean escape?
No - I've won the auction at the opening bid price. She's offered free shipping to NZ. I'm expecting him in about a week, but he has to go into a managed isolation facility for 2 weeks before they will release him. My hubby doesn't know about it yet so I'm trying to think of a way to explain it to him...🙏

Did he make a clean escape?
actually - I just got the joke and I literally LOLled!

@Zing we need to stand up for the other To Be Auctioned husband's out there. :cool:
Ha ha. I've been been keeping up with this thread all week with amusement -- and seeing a whole new side to some people, looking at you @KiwiMoose. Part of me identifies with Fendigirl's Fendiboy. The soaper in me, though, was aghast. I'll just say that if this is the worst "for worse" that you vowed at your wedding, you are a lucky couple.
I thank my lucky stars that Mrs. Zing's and my biggest disagreement is the thermostat (and with a 'high' today of 3 below it's staying at 72 dammit).

I must say, I've been chuckling at this thread though I've felt great pity for the hubby. I'm betting he was indeed mortified!

@Zing my husband would DIE if the thermostat went to 72, unless that was the air conditioning temp during summer! I'm lucky if I can get him to agree to bump it up to 69 when it's really cold ouside. But like you, I consider myself highly blessed that this is one of very few disagreements we have. So I wear a lot of sweaters and fuzzy socks, and always have blankets at the ready. ;)

@KimW as much as I'd like to keep solidarity with the soap wives here, I have to respectfully disagree about the inside temp being affected by the outside temp. The HVAC folks explained to us that the outside temp affects the temp of the building structure itself. So unless you have radiant heat in your floors or ceiling, during the winter, the walls, ceiling, and floors of the house itself will be colder than the air temp that has been heated by the typical HVAC system. Those colder building surfaces are what eventually cause the air to cool down, and the thermostat to kick back on. In the meantime, the colder air emanating off those surfaces does affect the "feel" inside the house. Same is true in reverse during the summer.

PS - can you tell that our household has done a lot of arguing spirited discussions scientific investigation into this issue? 😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back