Hunter's Camo Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry

Reaction score
One of three different soaps made yesterday, just cut this morning. Flavored with cedar EO with just a splash of lemongrass EO to freshen it up a bit.

Image380164697.jpg

Thanks...

The colors I mixed were chosen to duplicate a malachite (the mineral) type of effect using squeeze bottles. Unfortunately the idea was a fail because I was interrupted after only a couple squirts from each bottle went into the mold. When I came back 10 minutes later the soap batter was already at a good light-medium trace so I knew there was no way to get the thin layered effect I was after and more worried about just getting it out of the bottles.

So I ended up just squirting blobs of batter one after the other into the mold while it continued to thicken, thumped the mold down, and decided to chopstick swirl it a tiny bit with a random pattern. Once I cut the soap, I decided it looked like camo. So my malachite soap fail turned into camo success? :think:

It just proves that soap making is like life, things always don't go as planned. Of course friends and family I give my soap to don't know that. I even let them think the td glycerin rivers in some of my soaps were intricately planned and crafted! Haha

Back