Hubby went fishing :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neither my husband nor I see the appeal, and would even less if he spends the night on the ice. I sure hope he goes to a motel or someplace warm at night! I cannot imagine sitting in an ice box house all day long fishing for fun. I loved fishing when I was younger, but it was mostly in Pacific Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico and rivers in states of the West Coast. But the ice fishing at Tahoe and places like that just never tempted me in the least. I preferred sailing down the slopes in winter to sitting over a hole in the ice!

He goes with friends, and they go to Lake of the Woods which is on the Canadian border. They have a friend who lives there that they usually stay with. When that doesn't work out, like this past trip, they rent cabins/motel rooms. DH's ice house is a portable one - not big enough to be able to sleep in. Some of the 'permanent' fish houses are actually pretty plush. No indoor plumbing though - so I'm still out. Fishing (ice or on the water) is okay - for about 2 hours. Then I'm done and ready for something else.

I never got the ICE fishing thing. I am not about to drive a truck on the ice, don't care how thick it is.

I like fresh water fishing but I have no friends so no one to go with :( pity party

I never got the ICE fishing thing. I am not about to drive a truck on the ice, don't care how thick it is.

I like fresh water fishing but I have no friends so no one to go with :( pity party

Don't feel down Mrs Brown, I'll go fishing with you :)

Back