Hubby went fishing :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I made soap! It has been so long since I did a drop swirl and managed to keep a hanger out of it. Champagne & Kumquat, and a first try at using soy wax.
Champagne.Kumquat.jpg

Those turned out gorgeous. Is it a blend of fo's or a straight fo. It sounds luscious and I love the Harley colors!! I really like drop swirls and did a few recently. Like you I have a hard time keeping the hanger out :rolleyes:

Those turned out gorgeous. Is it a blend of fo's or a straight fo. It sounds luscious and I love the Harley colors!! I really like drop swirls and did a few recently. Like you I have a hard time keeping the hanger out :rolleyes:

Thank you. It is a blend of BBs Champagne and Kumquat FOs.

Attachments

• honeysuckle.jpg
    honeysuckle.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 10
Clearly it didn't thicken up too fast! I would have thought soy wax would get thick very vast, or even seize. Although I have no scientific basis for that.

I thought that too, and had plan B in mind. Maybe because of how beeswax behaves. I used 20% and soaped warmer than I normally do.

He did! I don’t know if you are familiar with ice fishing, but that’s what he was doing. I don’t see the appeal, but it gets him out of the house for a few days.

Neither my husband nor I see the appeal, and would even less if he spends the night on the ice. I sure hope he goes to a motel or someplace warm at night! I cannot imagine sitting in an ice box house all day long fishing for fun. I loved fishing when I was younger, but it was mostly in Pacific Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico and rivers in states of the West Coast. But the ice fishing at Tahoe and places like that just never tempted me in the least. I preferred sailing down the slopes in winter to sitting over a hole in the ice!

Latest posts

Back