HSMG conference swirrling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjulesdid

Reaction score
ok, so Lori Nova did an awesome deomonstration on how she gets her swirls.

Here are the key points I got:
Don't work with a water discount.Add the EOs BEFORE TRACE. She mixes them in just after emulsion.
Work at a very light trace
pour the lines in a grid by serpentine horizontally and vertically getting as close to the edges as you can.
Then she works in the spaces inbetween the contrasting colors, that she calls the gutters. she starts at one end and pulls the color through. shen she gets to the other end she does not pick up the spatchula, instead she just scrapes it along the side of the mold a bit while she turns it and comes back down in the next gutter. and she serpentines her spactchla in these gutters all the way across the mold. then after she has pulled through all the vertical gutters, she then does the same thing through all the horizontal gutters. She said the absolute BEST swirls come when you use a mold with dividers because the dividers kind of push the swirls down a bit.

If any of you live near her studio, you should consider one of her courses. She is an excellent teacher, and has an infectious personality.
http://www.thenovastudio.com

I live 30mins away from her studio. Her classes are a bit expensive to me, just to watch. not hands on. thanks :D

I love her classes!

I've taken quite a few classes with Lori and you definitely get your money's worth.

She has TONS of information and is very helpful to the new soaper and to people who have been soaping for a while. I'm taking her Swirls & Layers class coming up this month. I can't wait!

Latest posts

Back