HSCG membership and conference discount

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For current members of the HSCG.

I am seriously considering joining in October when my independent insurance year is up.

Two questions:
1. Does your membership fee apply towards the calendar year, or a year from when you join...obv. joining 3/4 of the way through the year, I would hope the latter.

2. They say there is a substantial discount on the conference for members but it doesn't list member price on the website. For non-members, it says $759. Can anyone tell me what the discount usually is? I probably would not be able to attend the conference for at least one or two years upon joining, but it still factors into my decision.

Membership is from join date, not pro-rated to calendar year.

The 2020 Conference materials are on the website available to all members for free still. I am not sure how much longer they will remain available.

As for the usual discount for members, the 2021 Conference price is significantly lower. If paid before June 30, 2020 (already past that date, of course) it would have been $519. The fee goes up $40 each with each deadline (about 4 months apart). The full rate for members is $639 if not paid by any of the previous deadlines for reduced rates.

Membership is from join date, not pro-rated to calendar year.

The 2020 Conference materials are on the website available to all members for free still. I am not sure how much longer they will remain available.

As for the usual discount for members, the 2021 Conference price is significantly lower. If paid before June 30, 2020 (already past that date, of course) it would have been $519. The fee goes up $40 each with each deadline (about 4 months apart). The full rate for members is $639 if not paid by any of the previous deadlines for reduced rates.

Thank you so much!

Latest posts

Back