HPDE Blocks

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all

I am looking at making myself a loaf cutter and, for ease of cleaning, was looking to get some HPDE to use as the part where the soap itself rests. Of course, trying to find it out where I can get it from is proving more than tricky. I know some other people were looking in to it before and I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction? International is not a problem.

Thanking in advance

Give me a few and I will try to find the name of the supplier we purchased hdpe from when we had our manufacturing company.
This is the company we used to purchase from. They have other plastics, and a wide variety of sizes. HDPE is not cheap, might be worth sending them an email, I think they will even cut the size you need

Last edited:
Cutting boards are a useful source of HDPE if you are making a one-off piece. The larger ones -- often sold for restaurant use -- would be big enough for your purpose, and they can be relatively easy and inexpensive to find in a larger kitchen store or restaurant supply store. They are easily cut and shaped with a table or jig saw, router, and other common woodworking tools. For high density polyethylene, look for heft -- the heavier the cutting board, the more likely it is to be HDPE.

Back